Search results

1. S

Huge Arowana

sorry... meant SHANGHAI Aquarium... it's late damn it... i have an excuse! :grinno:
  2. S

Huge Arowana

hi! Went to tour china last year... Went to Shanghaio aquarium... Saw some HUGE silvers. Spotted a biggie (estimate around 4 footer) and what amazed me was not the length but the girth... damn it was HUGE!!! Not moving much though. If anyone is ever vacationing there... do drop by in there...
  3. S

so i was at the local.. lfs... and guess what

oh! i forgot... I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE SELLING NAMI GREEN. If so, IT IS VERY VERY EXPENSIVE so be wary of what the LFS is offering. Most likely, it is just an ordinary green aro. :D
  4. S

so i was at the local.. lfs... and guess what

hi! prices seem to be really expensive... Are you buying 1 or 2 pieces only? If yes, then unfortunately you are at the mercy of your local LFS's... If no, then you can import directly (doesn't have to be from Panda - they are not cheap, only so so). If you are after reds and...
  5. S

Update Of My Aros In Pond...

hi! really enjoy your post! Thanks for sharing... If time permits, could you kindly take and post pics of your filter system. I am really amazed that with all those fishes, the water is exceptionally clear. How often do you wash the filters (if it's ever washed). Or do you just top up the...
  6. S

Awakening of the dragon, book

Huh?!?! Book 1 and 2?!?! There is only one edition as far as I know. Maybe you were referring to Indo Dragon 1 and 2 (by Hendri L). "Awakening..." has good general info regarding the different farms and types of aro's they breed/produce. It is concentrated in Singapore while Indo Dragon...
  7. S

is it too early to feed a 4" sticks?

if the aro will not take pellets, starving them 2 to 3 days before giving it a go can help... worked for me... for those used to live feeds such as meal worm or crickets, might have to starve longer... :thumbsup:
  8. S

Arowana info

7x3x2 damn thats a huge tank bro!
  9. S

Arowana info

the asian aro's i've seen, they rarely exceed 2 1/2 feet unless you put them in a huge grow out pond then transfer to the tank. silver's do get bigger though... I have heard of 19 yr old australian aro nearing 3 feet :eek:
  10. S

ASIAN AROWANA CLASSES, PART1 (X-BACK)

thanks for the info
  11. S

feeding saltwater fishes to aro?!?!

hello and thanks for your replies. I am hesistant thus I posted this ? 1st to make sure. Conflicting answer though...
  12. S

Asian Aro Com - Mar 2006 Update

nice comm... rtg's? did you buy them separately or in one lot. looks like a successful peaceful comm. congrats!
  13. S

feeding saltwater fishes to aro?!?!

hello! Just wondering if anyone here feed their aro's saltwater food fishes. I heard that feeding them is ok but never tried before. It is too costly to purchase prawns all the time thus would like to know if anyone here has fed their aro's with saltwater fishes we commonly find in...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store