Search results

1. Gill Blue

Wild caught juvenile Big Mouth Bass and Bluegills... Help?

**** like this is why I'm not a regular here anymore. First off - https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/never-release-an-aquarium-fish-into-the-wild.18675/ Secondly - a LMB gets to be almost 3 foot long, so unless you have SOLID plans for a 500G tank and are willing to commit to...
  2. Gill Blue

Setting up my 180 Gallon, first time with native fish!

No heater needed. My tank temp runs between 55 degrees and 78 degrees. As far as getting bluegill, is it a standard 180G? 18" wide? If so,I wouldn't get bluegill. My largest of 4 bluegill got to be 15" with the next largest at 13", an 18" tank is a bit tight. If it's the 24" wide you'll...
  3. Gill Blue

What is wrong with my flowerhorn?

When did you add the sand?
  4. Gill Blue

Stupid question. Dumb answer.

Really? you want to rag on other's intelligence while you're doing this? What you wrote actually means - Why is there academic peer reviewed description of aquaria?
  5. Gill Blue

Flowerhorn stress help

New tank, new view, new vibrations. Not unusual. Do you have decor? So your tank is not cycled? He could be feeling crappy because of the ammonia burn. Hard to be yourself when your gills are burning out.
  6. Gill Blue

Oscar tank

Lots of things are possible, doesn't mean they're right. I could lock you in a 10'x7'bathroom to live for the rest of your life and get you to survive another 20-50 years. Is it a good existence?
  7. Gill Blue

Best type of Hose for Water Change?

I've been using this for the last 7 years or so.
  8. Gill Blue

How Often Do You Feed Your Fish?

My native tank gets fed twice a week in summer, once a week in winter. The tropical tanks get fed every 2-3 days.
  9. Gill Blue

Tank size

14884 cmsq (122 cm x 122 cm) is the smallest tank I would put one in. Oscars can reach 38cm+. Fish need room to swim, not allowing them that is cruel. What should you do? Not buy an oscar.
  10. Gill Blue

Dewormer medicine

Does it have worms? Giving unneeded medication to healthy fish can give you unhealthy fish and medicine that won't work when you need it to.
  11. Gill Blue

Crayfish with no claws help

Try collard greens, broccoli, kale, and spinach. All good sources of calcium. No cheese.
  12. Gill Blue

greyish stuff on sand

What color is your air stone?
  13. Gill Blue

New Adult Bowfin Not Eating

Go dig up some earthworms. Not good for an exclusive diet, but OK as part of it. I would think they should squirm long enough to attract its attention. You can buy marmorkrebs off aquabid and start up a colony.
  14. Gill Blue

Glass Block Aquarium

I'd need one of these first... And I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.
  15. Gill Blue

Tank Terror Aquatics - UK

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Tank+Terror+Aquatics
  16. Gill Blue

what is this algae or bacteria

Could be fish remains. Everyone still accounted for?
  17. Gill Blue

75 Gallon Tank With an Oscar and a Bullhead Catfish

http://www.zimmermansfish.com/Price.html Ozark sunfish.
  18. Gill Blue

What do you do when you hate your neighbors

I go over with a home-made dish of Mr. and Mrs. Tenorman chili. Of course I make it with the custom ingredients that their family deserves. ;)
  19. Gill Blue

Frame Cracked HELP

You have a hole through the glass? You need to replace that tank immediately.
  20. Gill Blue

What are these organisms?

Cory food.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store