Search results

1. M

RTG Arowana Price.

It is a decent price for the fish, get it if you like it but you can probably get a better deal. If you like the fish it is worth it.
  2. M

Sump noise

make it fall onto something like filter batting or floss to lower the amount of impact and noise
  3. M

Here's something new. BANJARxRTG cross

isn't this generally what is referered to as 1.25 merlion has some that look like this http://www.dreamfish.com.sg/photos.php?aid=23# sometimes they keep the hoof scale appearance of green, and it comes out later. the majority that I have seen as they get older their colors dim down and look...
  4. M

Green water driving me crazy!

or decrease the light as free floating algae will probably out compete your rooted stuff.
  5. M

Do You Have To Get In Your Tank To Clean It?

that is a nice set of dimensions, and a huge piece around the top. nice tank either way and hopefully you get something to reach those spots
  6. M

Kindly identify my arowana.

i would say hi back as the shine level is higher than general rtg, but isnt crossed at the end of the day the cert is just what they expect it to be, with arowanas they think it might turn into something because of parents but that is not always the case. Just like if you put your younger fish...
  7. M

Highback and cross back arowanas

cross back is scales that go across the back very little to no black , high back has a line of black on the top, rtg has an extra line of black
  8. M

bio bale in diy moving bed filter

I think he was referring Bio Bale: http://www.lagunakoi.com/images/categories/C126.jpg Versus Bio Balls: http://www.smartaquarist.com/wp-content/uploads/bioball.jpg It that is the case I don't think you will get the same fluidity out of the bale because it is intertwined as opposed to k1 type...
  9. M

110 yard sale Rehab

I like plastic razor blades for this usually, I find they work well. Or credit card type plastic has been good for salt and algae leftovers.
  10. M

Dual in-line Fluval Fx5 question

That makes sense but why not sell the three fx and run one so it could be moved for your pup situation?
  11. M

Dual in-line Fluval Fx5 question

With a sump the sky is the limit with the only thing preventing you from increasing your biocapacity would be space. You can make your own sump whatever size you want and run whatever size pump, and for $1000 you could make a sump that should be able to handle pretty much anything you throw at...
  12. M

240g Asian Arowana Tank - Modified River Tank Manifold & Hard-plumbed FX5's

Did you get in on the Dreamfish order? Would love to see some pics.
  13. M

How do you tell someone about a bad habit

I know how you feel, i hate that sound and whenever I am around people that make sounds like that it just makes me zero in on it and drives me nuts. I don't want to be rude but sometimes it gets to a point where I just say please don't eat like that. If that doesn't work I will just leave for...
  14. M

Cleanup after acrylic work

Just finished putting some braces on my tank with methyl chloride and was wondering what needs to be done as far as clean up? As the tank is empty now should I hose it down with clean water and drain it a couple times? Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to get this tank filled and...
  15. M

As if tank Breeding Aro's wasnt enough

I wonder what the dominant gene would be, or how many will turn out albino?
  16. M

Breeding Jardini Arowanas

I bet it comes down to economic decisions. Which would you rather breed if you had a breeding pool: asian aro's or jardini's? There must be some breeders that choose jardini's but the market is not the same. There are some niche areas where jardini's are accepted, or allowed into, but compared...
  17. M

Hey anybody heard of this guy Karim Lynn

common sense says a banjar red is not going to be more expensive than violet fusion or the same price as the others at 300. if you are looking for aro's go to arowanaclub.ca as it is made for asian aro's for sale in canada and there are many experiances with reputable dealers there
  18. M

how to buy bulk shipments for arowanas?

Go to cartimar and see if you can work out a deal. Much better to deal in person as without a big order I doubt you will get a big discount. Lots of merlion there to look at and maybe get a deal on.
  19. M

Removing paint from acrylic tank

Haven`t tried that but will see if that works. Fingers crossed :)
  20. M

Removing paint from acrylic tank

What about the two end pieces that I would like to be clear? Is there no safe way to remove the paint other than sanding im guessing?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store