Search results

1. A

Where to get cichlids in Upstate NY (Syracuse)

If your looking for rare cichlids you may want to try wwwthefishhub.com they ship all over the USA for 49.99 and have some awesome prices. They will beat almost everyones price. Also if your a member of www.aquaforums.net you will get a 20% discount from them. I am the owner of the site. There...
  2. A

What fish is this?

I agree Livingstoni, They have the cross thru the eye where the Venustus does not. That is how I tell them apart. I also agree it is a male with the blue on the face.
  3. A

Fry update

Congrats on the fry!!!
  4. A

Cop. Virginalis Elongate Luwalla Reef Info Needed

The male has dug a pit under a rock and is protecting it. I am sure he is way to immature to actually spawn but I am very excited he is going thru the motions just the same. These guys are very active and this pic took me 3 days to get. I like his colorings so far and very anxious to see him in...
  5. A

Cichlid Storm Resurfaced

Here is the link to the facebook convo............... https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3169294503986&set=o.167018803401997&type=1&theater ...... look under the name Wayne Quinn and you will see what he stated. If I am wrong I will delete my profile on here. but if I am right I saved...
  6. A

Cichlid Storm Resurfaced

Well I can post a convo on facebook where this person admitted to being this same Cichlidstorm and claimed he had no knowledge of any such lawsuit. But I am not here to argue nr cause a fight. But I will protect my friends and fellow hobbyists fro wrong doings. For that I will never forget this...
  7. A

Cichlid Storm Resurfaced

Hey all my friends, I am so happy to expose this guy who has taken many of my friends. Here is his new Facebook account as Wayne Quinn and promoting Cichlidstorm fish. I know many are looking for him...
  8. A

I agree Mike, there is next to no info on these guys. But I had a chance to get them and did. There was 12 brought into the USA and I got 7 of them. So I definately have a nice group of them. What I was told is these guys are from eggs stripped from wild caught females from the lake. I still...
  9. A

I got these guys in today and here is a pic of one of the males. He has slight coloring but I am sure will look much better in a year.
  10. A

Fish are delayed for shipping. I will post when they arrive. Still hoping for this week.
  11. A

These are F1's from Germany (Supposedly they are eggs harvested and raised from wild caughts) and I did read that article awhile ago. That is kind of a generic profile for any Copadichromis. I do agree these guys are tough to find a pic of. I researched that myself and found 2 Juvie pics and one...
  12. A

I will be getting them this coming Tuesday and will post a pic of them. I have only found 2 pics on the internet and one was posted for me and they other was from the Netherlands. So I am thinking these guys are extremely rare. Not sure if anyone has any
  13. A

the most beautiful african peacock?

My vote goes to the Aulonocara Ethelwynnae Chitande. I have a breeding group of them and they are simply fascinating fish. Very mellow for cichlids but during spawning they can be vicious. I have 2 males in the tank and when the female is holding both males hover over her to protect her. It is...
  14. A

I am courious if anyone can help me with some information on these guys. I recently got a group of them and would like to find some information on them. I have searched the internet and found very little info on them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  15. A

Mouth rot/ mouth fungus

Melafix is for Bacterial issues and Primafix is for fungal issues. I would suggest using primafix and epsom salts for this. You can use Melafix afterwards to help with the healing left from the fungus. Also if this is a reoccurring issue you may need to clean everything in your fish room. That...
  16. A

11 Babies... wait, 10? oh snap!

Sorry to hear they did not make it. I am sure you did everything you could for them to survive. Unfortunately when this occurs there usually does end up being genetic defects and they do parish from them. I have seen this before but never followed how long they survived. Congrats on getting some...
  17. A

Blue dolphin hiding in sand?

It is a natural defense thing for cichlids to do. They will hide in the sand when they feel threatened. I agree a video would be very cool.
  18. A

Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Nice pics and fish RD and Clownfish.
  19. A

55 Gal Peacock Cichlid tank Problem

Did you check if your tapwater has high readings? I would be guessing that bulb was the problem and now you have it removed see if things go back to normal. I would keep doing the waterchanges every other day until you get it under control. If you have another tank try using the filters from...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store