Search results

1. T

Are these bubbles in my silicone?

Anybody have any idea? I know it's a bad picture but I don't want to drop $70 on a new tank unless I have to. That being said, I think it might be worth it for the piece of mind. I'm just looking for suggestions here.
  2. T

Are these bubbles in my silicone?

Hello, I'm moving back into my parents home and I'm setting up a 30 gallon. This tank hasn't been used for 8+ years. I filled it and let it sit in the basement for about a week, with no signs of leaks. Now that I have it sitting in my room I noticed what I think might be bubbles in the...
  3. T

What is this on my firemouth?

I have a firemouth in a 20 gal long with a pleco and three tiger barbs. I left for a short vacation and had my room mate take care of the tank when I was gone. When I came back he had this coming out of both of his gills. At first I thought it was an injury (he was hiding an awful lot), but...
  4. T

Has anyone tried ordering fish from this website?

I'm in the process of getting a 55 g from a friend. I was planning on putting a bunch of smaller cichlids in it. But I don't want to go African or deal with breeding. I was just poking around for ideas. Sent from my SCH-R970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  5. T

Has anyone tried ordering fish from this website?

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Dwarf-Green-Pike-Cichlid-Crenicichla-compressiceps Also, I'm just getting back into fish keeping after about half a decade so I have forgotten some stuff. Can somebody point me in the right direction to somewhere I can find information on dwarf pikes? Sent from my...
  6. T

Does anybody else get nervous about stands breaking?

I have a 20ish year old 29/35 wooden stand and I'm nervous about it breaking under all that weight. Also I see some stands for sale that I would never imagine could hold the weight of the tank it's suggested for. How would you recommend I deal with this anxiety? Sent from my SCH-R530U using...
  7. T

Pike cichlid

My bad Im new to reading this forum on my phone and didn't notice the picture. I thought you were asking what a crenicichla is. Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  8. T

Pike cichlid

Check out the crenicichla sub forum. Pike cichlid = crenicichla Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  9. T

Couple of questions for a man that's been out of the game for a couple of years.

I was thinking swordtails. Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  10. T

Couple of questions for a man that's been out of the game for a couple of years.

What about the live bearers? And would getting all the fish when they're small help with the aggression? I'm leaning towards a fm btw. Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  11. T

I want to set up a 29 or 37 g tank at my condo I'm renting for college. I plan on stocking it with a school of tiger barbs, a bn pleco, and maybe a group (mff) of live bearers. Then I want a single cichlid. I was thinking a firemouth or a salvini. What are your thoughts on that set up? Also like...
  12. T

Green Terrors

That's for the response. I was more asking because I have a plan starting to form in my head... Ideally this is how things would work out. I'm going to get a 55 gallon, get like 4-6 GT's and grow them out until I can determine the best looking male. Then I would get rid of the others (either...
  13. T

Green Terrors

I'm speaking about Gold Suams by the way, just to not cause confusion
  14. T

Green Terrors

Are there any big names out there who breed Green Terrors? Similar to Mr. Firemouth does with firemouths. I would love to just read anything by the topshot of GT's. So does anybody have a name that popped into their heads? Thanks, Mike
  15. T

Anybody else have adult Electric Blue/Gold ("Platinum") Dempseys?

how big do the fry have to be before you figure out what color they'll be? (Sorry if you said it already, I skimmed through because I should be studying for finals...)
  16. T

It's been awhile, thinking about getting back into the game.

I was looking for more of a mix of cichlids, not just one species.
  17. T

What about a Salvini, FM, and a convict in a 55? Then whatever other non cichlids. I'm not looking for a pair of anything atm. Sent from my ADR6325 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  18. T

I would have to check out the house that I'm moving in to. Just for kicks and giggles what would you do in a 75 or 90 gallon?
  19. T

I'm going into my senior year (well fourth year of college), majoring in GeoScience so I can go to the Graduate School of Freshwater Sciences here at UWM. I'm considering getting a 55g and setting up a cichlid tank when I move back to school after summer. I've kept my fair share of cichlids...
  20. T

A little cren for y'all

I wish I could go outside and cage cichlids...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store