Search results

1. virgil2090

Post your Trimacs....

I miss this guy.lost during power outage for 8 days in 2012
  2. virgil2090

Is there anyone that can sex this chocolate?

I currently have a pair and yours looks more like my female with lower head profile
  3. virgil2090

What fish to add?

Hope it works out for you! ellioti seems like a good choice.yeah EBJD can be sensitive when younger.cichlid communities can be alot of trial and error.the fish change as they mature,and the individual fish and sex also play a part.i also try to keep CA and SA cichlids separate,but many people...
  4. virgil2090

Interesting Hybrid; HRP and Freddie

That would be a cool looking hybrid,definitely grab some fry to grow out
  5. virgil2090

Aggression issues in a 55 gallon

I have not heard of festivum needing groups.you might have an above average aggressive fish.you can buy or make a divider for the tank as a temporary solution.
  6. virgil2090

Vieja aquarium

Looks great,the problem with thinning out is a new hierarchy gets worked out,sometimes that can be brutal.an all M or F tank could work.I would think 6 fish(cichlids) might help spread out aggression.another idea would be keep 1 large pair,and a smaller pair of maybe convicts,panamensis,etc.if I...
  7. virgil2090

Best Place to Buy Driftwood Online,

I also collect riverside driftwood.I try to get dried pieces, scrub them good then tie with fishing line to rocks or weight it somehow
  8. virgil2090

Thinking to switch the substrate from tile to sand.. help pls?

+1 for quickcrete.use a thin layer.you can cover your intakes with sponge.your fish look great.another idea would be to add a few large river rocks,and few more driftwood pieces.plastic or silk plants can help change/add to your scape
  9. virgil2090

Chocolate cichlid sex

I would say male,my male has longer dorsal and anal fins than my female.I seem to notice that when I see other M/F comparison
  10. virgil2090

South American options

Not sure if or what plants would work.severums I think will eat most plants.maybe some anubias? Wont the oscar rip or eat them? My 90 gal. SA community has sand,alot of wood.you will have much aquascaping....i need a 265! I use river rocks and stuff I collect
  11. virgil2090

South American options

The geos would fit great,they do need sand substrate to sift thru
  12. virgil2090

Juvenile Synspilum and Texas pics

The carpintis looks male to me.the snys are tough.the tube pic you shared looked pointy so i say male.also blue eyes on synspilium can indicate male.nice pickups!
  13. virgil2090

Look at my tank and critique

Yup,everyone sees aquascaping different.I seem to get bored of same look after a few months.you can try rock pile to one side,then maybe add some driftwood.taller branches can help fill the upper space
  14. virgil2090

Help sex my chocolate

I think from what your saying they both seem female. At 2 years 6 inches a male would bigger.also if both male,then one of them would probably be dominant over the other and getting more food
  15. virgil2090

Sex guess for my chocolate

I also think female based on the short head profile and fins.my male has bigger head,and has longer fin dorsal and anal,at 6-7 inches now.but I should add he is the dominant fish in the tank
  16. virgil2090

My "MONSTER" Chocolate Cichlid

Great pick up.how big of a tank? Is he good with tankmates?
  17. virgil2090

Stocking

What are tank dimensions? The silver dollars can get pretty big,and think they will be too crowded as they grow....how about rainbowfish? you do have many choices for school fish.lemon tetras,tiger barbs,rosy barbs.....you could try 1 severum and maybe 1 chocolate cichlid? With a smaller school...
  18. virgil2090

Anybody from jersey

Another 1 North NJ here.....is there still a fish store in fort lee? I always forget to look...it was near GWB on route 46
  19. virgil2090

Stocking suggestion for 36 gallon bowfront - Sajica as centerpiece

Or maybe some swordtails,then your get some free feeders,they look good too.fits well for a CA theme
  20. virgil2090

Vieja Melanura Laguna Yaxha

Great looking...male? Hows his attitude chill or trouble maker
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store