Search results

1. N

Advice Fluval FX5

So no carbon at all?
  2. N

Oscar Fish Growth rate

I honestly did keep them for 2 semesters in a 10 gallon, they probably didn't get fed enough and a proper diet... I was a dumb college kid back then and 10 gallon was the max they allowed in the dorms.
  3. N

Advice Fluval FX5

I recently purchased a Fluval FX5 for my first canister filter, I saw tons of good reviews for it online. Any suggestions for how to set up this canister filter and the 3 baskets. I saw in another thread a lot of people recommending a shower mesh and just to do the biorbs?
  4. N

Oscar Fish Growth rate

I've been doing cichlid gold every day and a few times a week beef heart. I'm already looking at craigslist for a bigger tank, looks like I could get a 180 for $300 - $500.
  5. N

what to feed baby rb piranhas?

I'm curious also what kind of pellets are you talking about, I am looking into getting some 1" piranhas to raise but being that small I am not sure what to feed them.
  6. N

What is your policy on tipping wait staff?

If it's wait staff ~20% unless they do a really bad job, then it's just a couple bucks (but I mean REALLY bad job). Bartenders I usually tip more on how many drinks unless I get something to eat at the bar.
  7. N

Oscar Fish Growth rate

Any particular filter you guys recommend for a 150 - 200 tank? It seems a lot of people love the Fluval FX5 but I don't have experience with canister filters yet.
  8. N

Oscar Fish Growth rate

What is your experience with the growth rate of an oscar fish, what kind of diet did you have them on for this growth rate. I recently got back into Oscar fish and what amazes me is I kept 4 of them in a 10 gallon tank for a few semesters in college. I didn't know back then that they can grow so...
  9. N

Yeah, I've been reading through a lot of the threads and it seems a great place to get advice and see different peoples experiences
  10. N

Beginners Guide to Filter Media

I never thought of using body scrubbers, I am new to the canister filter business and trying to figure out the right setup for my tank.
  11. N

Questionable Piranha Tank-mates

I've found a lot of good advice on this thread, doing some research on keeping RBP's with Oscar fish, I've dealt a lot with oscar fish but no experience with RBP.
  12. N

I'm new to this site, kinda stumbled across it while searching the net. I'm an Oscar fish person, had a tank of them in the dorms back in college. Now being in the working world I've gotten back into aquariums. Let me know if you have any advice, I have a 44 gallon tank but the fish are still...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store