Search results

1. C

125 gal tank, Fx5 Filter, Oxydoras Niger Cat PHX AZ

125 Gal Tank, glass tops, black oak stand. - $300 Fluval FX5 filter, 5 gal capacity, 900 gph. - $100 Tank AND filter ONLY - $350 Oxydoras Niger Catfish ("ripsaw cat") - $40 May Trade Catfish for Bichirs. May Trade Tank and Filter for Boxing/MMA equipment. THanks! Elliot 602-910-7265 or feel...
  2. C

My 5 poor P.B.L. import from Nigeria

FYI I also have a gray lap. I've tried all different substrates, lights, set-ups, etc. He is still totally green and pattern free. Some variants are just like that.
  3. C

If Your Polypterus Won't Eat...

Great Info, a much overdue sticky. If I can add a few things - - Lowering the lights (or just turning them off) for a while can be very helpful in helping polys settle in. - Obviously temperature has a huge affect on ANY cold-blooded fishes appetite, but I've REALLY noticed a difference...
  4. C

do bichirs school?/ price question

$33 is a great price for my area (AZ). Bichirs don't "school" in the true sense of the word but I think most of us have experienced the "pile of bichirs" effect. The tend to stack up in whatever is the favored spot in the tank.
  5. C

anyone here with a senegal over 12 inches?

Sorry to derail no more talk about dels on the sen thread :ROFL:
  6. C

whoa....I'll like to see a tape measure but yeah that thing looks pretty freaking huge! thanx for digging that up.
  7. C

OMG!! OMG!! Finally Found An Ornate!!

I don't really advocate the whole "I'll just get a bigger tank when it grows" mentality because we all know how often that doesn't work out...BUT for what its worth ornates take a VERY VERY long time to reach 18 in plus. Mine is over three years old and only about 13-14 inches. He reached 10"...
  8. C

Show me your Ornates

yikes pdbrady I really wouldn't keep those polys together. You might continue to be lucky...but then again you might not...my Ornate lived with smaller polys for several months and then one day out of the blue started eating them....you just never know... Anyway my Avatar is the only crappy...
  9. C

My female Sen is 10.5" and she's around six years old. She's been this size since about three years old (I'm guessing I haven't been measuring and recording!). I don't really anticipate her putting on anymore size.+ I've heard PLENTY of folks claiming that sens (and dels, and palmas for that...
  10. C

increasing oxygen

Keep in mind that during feeding thier actvity increases which naturally increases thier respiration. However, aiming all your filter outputs at the surface in order to create maximum surface agitation is always a good idea. Maximum oxygenation is not only important to your fish but also the...
  11. C

Unnecessary arbitrary water changes?

too many are better than too few :). but you do have a point, honestly I guess I'm just too lazy to test every week. If I'm gonna haul out the maintenance stuff I might as well just do the changes, plus I like to keep the nitrates as close to zero as possible.
  12. C

laps wont eat!

totally normal for laps mine goes MONTHS without eating sometimes. Try dimming the lights and increasing the temp over 80 that seems to get them hungry
  13. C

ID pls.

My pangasius doesn't have much of an appetite and doesn't eat anything but algae wafers and an ocassional bite of fresh seafood.
  14. C

Couple more of the guys/confirm ID

WOW good lookin
  15. C

ID Fish Please?

Its a Short Body Endli...a deformity that for some reason completely beyond my mental grasp people think looks cool (nothing personal...takes all kinds right?:)).
  16. C

ARTC(wyckiodes) tank looks empty ?????

LOL the ageless conundrum of the ARTC. Without question in my mind the MOST beautiful catfish in the world, but they can't be kept with tankmates and no...you never see the reclusive SOBs...a cruel mistress..:)
  17. C

Got a new little guy today!

Very cool we get XXXS polys like this every now and then..so cute! As for the fin you might be surprised - my poor palmas buet got one of his pectorals ripped off all the way down to a bloody stump and to my amazement DID over several months grow it back, its not as large as the other but might...
  18. C

disaster....

I feel for you my friend... I had something like this happen. I introduced a new fish I suspect introduced something very nasty because in the following week I lost almost all my fish one by one...it was BAD
  19. C

Show me your substrate!

I've tried a lot of substrates for my polys. Currently I'm using something like what you have, a black sand. However I shelled out $25 a bag for the actual petstore stuff, it was a gouge but it stays settled and doesn't cloud the water.
  20. C

Not a gulper catfish

Have you ever been to Phoenix Tropical? Its a strange place, pretty much I think in someone's house in the middle of a pretty rough neighborhood, but they have some AWESOME fish. Generally a good selection of things you don't see in other stores.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store