Search results

1. C

ebjd w/green terrors

Zeus the ebjd is king of the tank I had them together in a 50 gallon tank for a few months and they were good zeus swims where he wants but doesnt really bother anyone till they mess with him. I grew him out to 4" by himself due to the ick issues they have than added the 2 green terrors its all...
  2. C

ebjd w/green terrors

Ya I definately dont want a killer convict mating tank. You think my tank will be big enough once there all full grown? That being ebjd, 2 green terrors, texas, salvini and two convicts with maybe a sail fin pleco?
  3. C

ebjd w/green terrors

In a 150 Gallon tank I have a 6"ebjd and two green terrors male 5" and female 3". I am wanting to add a sailfin pleco and a texas cichlid for sure and maybe a couple of convicts or a salvini what do you guys think or maybe some other interesting fish that would go with my fish? Was thinking...
  4. C

What is this Growth on my EBJDs eye?

Just a deformity but who knows he may grow into it
  5. C

Ginger Soaked Food

Anyone had any success with it have just recently started feeding my electric blue jack dempsey ginger soaked hikari pellets, bloodworms, krill and sprinula brine shrimp and so far no problems already grown 1" in three weeks from 1.5-2.5"s. I know they are highly susceptible to developing...
  6. C

120 gal ca/sa stocking

An electric blue jack dempsey would go nicely with some severums and your common pleco
  7. C

Breeding EBJD

Ok some great advice right there! My EBJD is 2" atm and is growing like crazy seems like everyday he gets bigger and bigger he was originally 1.5"s when i got him and that was only two weeks ago is that a sign that he is male; or is the only way to determine his sex be through venting? bbxBb is...
  8. C

Breeding EBJD

Thanks for the reply Azendenkae! Do you think that a 55g would be a good enough tank for parents or does that sound to be a better sized grow out tank and say a 90 gallon tank for the parents or should I go bigger! Also can you see this as being a viable investment?!
  9. C

Breeding EBJD

I understand that, just trying to get a better grasp on it because from what I understand is you start breeding with a ebjd male and a bgjd female where they will maybe produce small% of ebjd fry if they pair up of course. Is that all there is to it or do you than begin breeding with those fry...
  10. C

Breeding EBJD

Hey everyone I currently purchased a 2" ebjd from a reputable lfs for $60 and am currently growing him out in a 55g tank. I have gotten the idea from a few different friends and random forums that I should start breeding these little guys. From what I understand is you need an ebjd and jd to...
  11. C

Electric blue jack and clown loaches need new friends?

Hey so i have a 135 gallon tank with a 3" ebjd and three 4" clown loaches. I want to grow out my ebjd till hes 4-5" than add some other cichlids like maybe a regular jd, convict, firemouth and any other types of cichlids just not to sure what and how many. My ebjd is my main focus so he must...
  12. C

EBJD Tiger Oscar with how many Striped Raphaell Catfish?

I've heard lots of people have success with them, once they reach 4" a full grown oscar supposedly cant even touch them since their heads are so wide. Just curious as to how many of these guys I should get for my 120 gallon since they like to be in groups. Thanks
  13. C

EBJD Tiger Oscar with how many Striped Raphaell Catfish?

Currently have 3"EBJD 1.5"TO and want to get two Striped Raphael catfish in my 55 gallon tank which I will have for a few more months than upgrading to a 120 gallon tank. Does that setup sound like it will work and what are the best pairing numbers for these catfish?
  14. C

Upgrade from 55 gallon to??

alright that settles it sticking with the 3 i have now and gonna get a 125 gallon tank thanks for your advice
  15. C

Electric blue dempsey, tiger oscar and black ghost knife need friends?

The fish store where I got mine ebjd from has a bunch of reviews online and everyone says they grew extremely fast so im really excited to see if thats true. He was the biggest of his bunch so im expecting lots from Zeus.
  16. C

ya thats the plan thanks guys
  17. C

No aggression problems at all..I was thinking of getting a 90 gallon but have a feeling that wont be enough.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store