Search results

1. Aquatic Aggression

New Thai silk Flowerhorn

The "electric blue" in everything is just an overexpression of guanine. There is no random and magic electric blue gene. Probably something that can be achieved in any cichlid. Defeating nature is easiest through hybridization. Could be as simple as crossing fish that have dissimilar pearl...
  2. Aquatic Aggression

Nautilus new hybrid

This looks like a low quality super red monkey, just get the real thing. The SEX of the fish does make a difference in it's appearance, just like every other creature.
  3. Aquatic Aggression

New FH sex?

Either a femal or male with prolapse. Hard to tell.
  4. Aquatic Aggression

Can Platinum parrot breed with blood parrot?

Incorrect They are pure species shortbodies.
  5. Aquatic Aggression

Balloon green texas?

Not hybrids and not sterile. Search the forum using the words "shortbody".
  6. Aquatic Aggression

Squirt test or method in sexing cichlid particularly flowerhorn

Never heard of this performed on cichlids but have personally hand spawned fancy goldfish many times. The milt can only be expressed once breeding behavior has been observed. Giving a male goldfish the squeeze when he is not ready to breed results in nothing. Same thing with females, they have...
  7. Aquatic Aggression

Short body Texas sexing?

Glad you got an sb out of the few you were able to grow. Carpintis that fit in 30 gallon tanks should be a pet store staple, yet this sb morph is much harder to find now compared to a decade ago. Cool project, please update once that little sb gets growing.
  8. Aquatic Aggression

How I'm keeping my adult festae pair

Beautiful fish and an interesting solution to this problem. You must be quite attached to these monsters. Sometimes planned pairs just won't get along, but there are some pairs that overcome this when we mimic nature (and tag team wrestling). The usual solution for overcoming incompatible...
  9. Aquatic Aggression

New FH tank setup

75 gallon should be fine and the sailfin as a tankmate will probably work. Flowerhorn like to dig and move substrate so add a prefilter to your intake if you want to keep the sand. No feeder fish is a good rule. FH don't need live food and you risk infecting your fish with illness and disease...
  10. Aquatic Aggression

New FH

Looks pretty freaked out by it's own reflection on that bare bottom panel. I hope someone does something as disorienting and uncomfortable to you someday.
  11. Aquatic Aggression

Help me identify my fry!

Guys like this respond well to regular cichlid keeper habits, don't "pump" for growth and feed standard high quality cichlid food.
  12. Aquatic Aggression

Short body Texas sexing?

Cute little fatty. Got any plans on line breeding these? I am currently outcrossing sb escondido to regular Vontehillo (if the male ever decides he's ready).
  13. Aquatic Aggression

$20 Red Texas

Really pretty male. How is his temperament? That caudal fin is fat and nice, makes me believe this guy will have a nice boxy shape when mature.
  14. Aquatic Aggression

Help me identify my fry!

This is a juvenile fish, long past the fry stage. Very neat that you can see a strain A x strain B in him despite it being sold as an f2 kamfa. It is important for fh keepers to have magical abilities like that. This fish had lots of potential. Just make sure it avoids the bad crowd at school...
  15. Aquatic Aggression

Cichlid id

You are correct.
  16. Aquatic Aggression

Short body Texas sexing?

Should end up with quite a few shortbodies. A mfk member proved the sb as a dominant, he created his line from a female x Escondido outcross.
  17. Aquatic Aggression

Nautilus new hybrid

A very lackluster and pointless hybrid, a pure midas is much better looking. Color is nothing special and is pretty much the most common result for a hybrid fader.
  18. Aquatic Aggression

Short body Texas sexing?

Use your language skills to decipher the meaning of the words in the name. Then look at the pictures. Nothing to do with parrots. Looks like a female.
  19. Aquatic Aggression

Rate My Flowerhorn

He looks like a nice little fh. Red coverage is pretty extreme and the pearls really pop. I know this is a hospital or grow tank but I recommend not to fall for the sterile bottom meme, he will be much more comfortable, beautiful, and active with a little bit of substrate. Color will improve and...
  20. Aquatic Aggression

Rate My Flowerhorn

Why do you call it an srd x rt? Looks like a red dragon. Did petco's supplier tell you this was a srd x rt?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store