Search results

1. D

Ghost Experiences

The main road and area that my wife and I live off of is supposedly super haunted. We didn't realize that before we moved. In the two months since we moved here any of the locals who find out where we live always ask us stuff like, "Have you heard screams/chains/voices/moans?" or "Seen any...
  2. D

Got Some Good News

Thanks guys. Im pretty stoked and since it came unexpectedly Im even more excited.
  3. D

Got Some Good News

Recently my wife and I relocated. Well I called a local veterans' organization to get set up in their ptsd/tbi support program and started chatting with the director. She found out that back in our old location I ran a small nonprofit that trained service dogs for other combat vets with...
  4. D

alligator snapping turtle

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/alligator-snapper-set-up.605691/ Here is a link to a thread where I posted photos a while back. His tank is nearly as nice now. We just moved a few months back and Im still working on setting up everything again.
  5. D

No problem. Good luck with your snapper.
  6. D

I usually just go with about as deep as the shell is long. It seems to work well for my alligator snapper.
  7. D

What Can I Keep In This 4 Feet Tank?

I absolutely love my baby alligator snapper. In my experience though its better to use a small tank/tub for them as babies so you can monitor feeding easier. For your tank though Ive seen some really cool set ups like you are describing with water snakes, Nerodia sp. You would need to upgrade...
  8. D

Ghost Shrimp Tank

I set up a five gallon tank for ghost shrimp. Its a lego scooby too/zombies theme. So far my son and I are loving the tank.
  9. D

Veteran Brothers and Sisters

I appreciate it. US Army combat medic, Iraq 03-04.
  10. D

Your dream aquarium

I'd love to have a giant tank like the one at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. I'd stock it with natives like big gar, flat head cats, turtles, sunfish, etc.
  11. D

Leds for mangroves

Can anyone suggest good led lighting that will support mangrove growth that won't break the bank? Ive got a 125w cfl right now that works great but I would love to use less power.
  12. D

Blue crabs?

Well gee, Oddball, why would anyone on this site want to keep large, destructive, aquatic predators?
  13. D

Blue crabs?

Has anyone kept any blue crabs (Callinectes sapidus) in a brackish tank?
  14. D

Dipnetting?

Hope you feel better soon, moon. I'll still be dipping then too so feel free to hit me up when you are feeling better. Ive got a buddy that lives on the south end of the green swamp and he's shown me some awesome places so far.
  15. D

Dipnetting?

Setting up some dip netting trips for later this month and december in south eastern nc. Anyone interested let me know.
  16. D

Amphiuma

Cool. Im living in extreme south eastern nc now. They are all over the place.
  17. D

Amphiuma

Cool did you collect it yourself?
  18. D

Amphiuma

Anyone keeping or kept any two toed amphiumas? Im setting up a couple of new native tanks and want to make a tank for one. Thanks in advance.
  19. D

Fishkeepers helping move tanks.

Well Im moving this weekend and would love help but no one close so I feel your pain there. At least I get to set my tanks up next week. :)
  20. D

Dipnetting?

Does anyone do any dip netting or collecting in south east north carolina? I just moved to the area and plan to start once my tanks get set up and going. I'm in the land of cottonmouths and venus fly traps so lots of swamp species.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store