Search results

1. Slippery K

Apistogramma agassizii gender

Hey I've recently purchased this apisto, I believe agassizii (new to apistos), shop owner wasnt sure either. I would like to add more to go into our 40gal tank. Question is do I have a male or female? I'm leaning towards female myself. Fish is between 1.5 to 2" currently.
  2. Slippery K

Good online source for apistogramma cichlids?

Hey all, old member getting back into the hobby. All lfs dont have a big selection of smaller apistogramma cichlids, can anybody recommend a good online retailer? Im located in the GTA, Ontario Canada.
  3. Slippery K

Help ID

Quick question. Are these German blue rams? The pale colour is throwing me off, there are a few nice looking fish in there however. Im looking to put two in my sons 40 gal. Currently housing small angelfish. Lfs has them labeled as "german rams", no staff knew anything other than the name tag...
  4. Slippery K

jaguar catfish

I had jags for a while. Ended up selling in the end for more active daytime fish. Great cats though.
  5. Slippery K

For Sale | Jaguar Catfish - Liosomadoras oncinus | $200 | Newmarket/Aurora | Pickup Only

What type of listing is this?: For Sale What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Jaguar Catfish - Liosomadoras oncinus What are your prices?: 200 Where are you located?: Newmarket/Aurora Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Only Description: Selling my Jaguar catfish (Liosomadoras oncinus). bought at...
  6. Slippery K

65gal stock?

Looking to pickup a coworkers 65 gal tank. I would like to stock with a single wet pet or 2 to 3 decent sized display fish for a 36×18×24 footprint. Any ideas are welcome although personally I'm not really into cichlids. Please dont suggest anything that will need to be upgraded to a bigger...
  7. Slippery K

small predators

Mini monsters are definatly underrated. Thinking of setting up a mini monster tank myself since iv sold most my tanks.
  8. Slippery K

some unfortunate incidents in recent days. RIP VATF & Armatus

Ouch thats horrible, sorry for your loss. Im sure you and your friend can work something out.
  9. Slippery K

Armatus Ammonia burn?

Is there anything in the tank the armatus could have scrapped on? Either way you should be back to normal soon enough.
  10. Slippery K

Another Armatus R.I.P.

Oh man what a shame. One day I'll get back into the Armatus game - just too many things on my plate right now
  11. Slippery K

Puffer with a catfish?

is there a more active species of puffer around the same size range? space isnt a problem, I still have a 120gal tucked away under the basement stairs for later use when needed.
  12. Slippery K

Puffer with a catfish?

Hey mfk, just wondering if anyone has attempted this combo before. A Tetraodon Palembangensis (Humpback) puffer has popped up for sale at my lfs. I've kept salt water puffers together with morays for years with no problems. This will be my first freshwater puffer in a 75 gal tank, only other...
  13. Slippery K

PICKEREL TANK (Plant Info)

Yea thats for fillets, i want the whole fish lol preferably live
  14. Slippery K

would you happen to know which fish markets? Iv been trying to find these for literally 2 years with hardly any progress.
  15. Slippery K

Let me know if you come across any grass pickerel. Been looking for those forever.
  16. Slippery K

Check out this giant clamshell

It's big enough to be its own table! Just slap some legs on it and presto! Would be kind of hard to balance your drink on though :(
  17. Slippery K

I have no real use for it at home, figured maybe someone on here would be interested. Forgot to mention its 105 lbs. We had to weigh it on a industrial scale (picture above) because of the size.
  18. Slippery K

Hey MFK thought I would share this awesome find here. Not sure what type of clam it is or where its from. Does anyone know what kind of value this thing has? It has been someone's garden ornament for the past few years, and now it's ours!
  19. Slippery K

Need advice : Armatus comm fasting due to overseas trip

My armatus starved for a month when breaking him off live at about the same size- they'll be fine for your trip, especially with feeders. Aggression can/will happen with or without food anyhow.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store