Search results

1. F

Geophagus winemilleri attempting to spawn

I have some abalios in with my Hoplarchus psittacus( approx 6inch ) and growing fast . Do your Hoplarchus psittacus pretty much ignore the geos ? , I was concerned they might get a bit rowdy for them , rgds Pat
  2. F

Huge Geophagus Surinamensis

That is a variety of altifrons possibly Manaus or such . It would be a fairly old specimen I imagine
  3. F

Hypselecara temporalis: 'Fire in Those Eyes'

well done beautiful pair . Does the male give the female a hard time very often ?
  4. F

G. balzani biotope question

I currently keep 1m to 5 females but that is only for breeding purposes not display . This mix often leaves me with two or three girls with fry at the same time.
  5. F

Early stage HITH?

Is it possible erosion around his nostrils also ?
  6. F

What type of Geo is this?

Female balzani x 2
  7. F

What species have you had no luck with?

my Uaru just fade away slowly very annoying.
  8. F

Docile monster for SA setup

My Bocourti can be nasty . I have young chocolates in my geo tank , so far so good . I did underestimate them a little when I put rams in the tank , the chocolates had a feast over night.
  9. F

Satanoperca leucosticta

that is very red , not likely
  10. F

Another Geo ID

orange head
  11. F

geophagus with small tetra tankmates

I find that most geos are fine . I did have some larger altifrons which would swallow dither fish if they had a chance.
  12. F

Setting up Geophagus tank

I am in the process of setting up an 8 x 2 x 2 , which will use 2 eheim 2260s . I will be putting 10 abalios ( currently 2inch ) , 5 pindare currently 3 inch , and 4 chocolate cichlids in the tank ( currently 3 inch) . I expect this to be ok for atleast 2 years .
  13. F

Geo Altifron growth rate

Abalios at 10 inch and about 5 years old Argyrostictus took about three years to get to 10 inch and continued to grow after this time
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store