1200 Gallon EPDM Pond Liner/Viewing Glass build

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Oh and so everyone knows this tank requires average only approximately 5 minutes per week for maintenance as some weeks I put no time into it. All I do is change out filter floss and from time to time I need to change out reactor media. My water changes are automatic and I've even managed to reuse the water that drips out of this tank to do the water change on my 300 gal because the water is still good and is biologically established. I like that both tanks have the same water because my female stingray is in the 300 gal for her gestation but once she has the babies she can just be thrown back in the with other group and the water is the same. No stress and no need to use more water than necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Always nice to see more liner tanks going up with success...I like your use of the liner seam tape and glue...Def. benificial for ur window seal, If you ever do one again use more silicone on the initial window seal to avoid any of those air gaps in between the glass and liner. The silicone should push out onto the front of the window but ur use of the seam tape kinda eliminates the 3m all together. Well done, and congrats on the new tank!

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Always nice to see more liner tanks going up with success...I like your use of the liner seam tape and glue...Def. benificial for ur window seal, If you ever do one again use more silicone on the initial window seal to avoid any of those air gaps in between the glass and liner. The silicone should push out onto the front of the window but ur use of the seam tape kinda eliminates the 3m all together. Well done, and congrats on the new tank!
For sure. The one thing that I was most dissatisfied with was that I didn't apply enough silicone and only realized once the glass was smushed into place. I struggled enough to get the glass Into place that I wasn't about to try and pull it apart and try again. But once it was all said and done it didn't worry me at all. It's pretty sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store