Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

1. Guys! Set your avatars !!!! --> http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

141x29x31 inch 360x75x80 work in progress

Discussion in 'DIY Tanks' started by aislin, Feb 14, 2012.

1. aislin

aislin MFK Members

Dec 1, 2014
      I started building my 360 cm (141 inch) aquarium. This aquarium i make, just like my previous project, from multiplex and liquid pond liner. I liked working with these products with my 2200 liter Malawi aquarium. I want to link both aquariums to each other through the filtering. I got reasonable extra capacity with my Malawi aquarium, but do want to make a new filter part with that. Also for the heating i would like to link the aquariums to eachother. And also my current heating system has extra capacity.
      Besides all this i want to make a solarcollector for the whole system.
      I started building the substructure of the aquarium, i think it is easy to make and doesn't cost too much. I plan to finish the whole with laminate. And i think i will also do that with the already existing aquarium, because i want both aquariums to have the same look.
      The existing aquarium i painted, looks ok, but i don't want to paint for weeks anymore, lol. I don't know yet what i will use to create a background. And i think that when it is all finished, the Malawi fish will go to the aquarium i'm building now and that i will use the existing aquarium voor middle american cichlids.

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg DSCF3195kopie.jpg DSCF3196.jpg DSCF3198.jpg

2. londonloco

londonloco MFK Members

Jul 24, 2012
      I saw your Malawi build video over on CCA. Suscribed!

3. Tor-Eriik

Tor-Eriik MFK Members

Electrician
      Mar 28, 2015
      subscribed for sure :) Loved your first build!

4. aislin

aislin MFK Members

Dec 1, 2014
      Today i bought the wood for the aquarium and some underlayment for the construction. I connected the parts together and glued some

parts, including the underlayment. I still have to do some work at the construction, but i'm satisfied with the progress.
      Getting stuff always takes a lot of time, so i hope the next few days i can work and take it easy.
      I do have to buy some material to finish it, but i saw at a retail shop some laminate that i liked and can use for that and this week its for

sale too!

The costs so far are:
      110 euro (145 USD) for the bars + screws
      240 euro (316 USD) for all the wood of the aquarium + plate material for the substructure, glue and screws

I bought everything at a retail shop where i also could use some coupons for 20% off.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5. Tor-Eriik

Tor-Eriik MFK Members

Electrician
      Mar 28, 2015
      Nice progress :) Not putting anything filter, hardware etc under the tank? (thinking of the hight.) These big builds take so much space already, so the space under should be used for something imo:)

6. aislin

aislin MFK Members

Dec 1, 2014
      I don't want to put filter parths underneath the aquarium cause than its always difficult to get to. I want to connect both aquariums on the excisting filter, which i do want to extend with an extra wet bio filter.

100_3541.JPG

This is the excisting filter installation with a dry a wet and a Fluidised bed filter, they should have enough capacity. Specially with an extra wet bio filter.

7. aislin

aislin MFK Members

Dec 1, 2014
      Today i bought the wood for the aquarium and some underlayment for the construction. I connected the parts together and glued some parts, including the underlayment. I still have to do some work at the construction, but i'm satisfied with the progress.
      Getting stuff always takes a lot of time, so i hope the next few days i can work and take it easy.
      I do have to buy some material to finish it, but i saw at a retail shop some laminate that i liked and can use for that and this week its for sale too!

The costs so far are:
      110 euro (145 USD) for the bars + screws
      240 euro (316 USD) for all the wood of the aquarium + plate material for the substructure, glue and screws

I bought everything at a retail shop where i also could use some coupons for 20% off.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8. Egon

Egon MFK Members

Engineer
      Yesterday at 11:22 AM
      Oh yeah, this is going to be good :popcorn:

9. aislin

aislin MFK Members

Dec 1, 2014
      I'm mostly busy with the front, the whole is quite long this is especially a difficulty at the top of the frame.

1.jpg

3.jpg

24.jpg

10. Yanbbrox

Yanbbrox Monster hole digger

In logistics, being laided off again :-(
      Yesterday at 3:23 PM
      Nice progress, subscribed.