600 Gallon Plywood and glass

Gator

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
Nic;2311314; said:
awesome... similar to how im designing mine but im coating every piece of plywood 100% incase of leaks im sealing all of it...
I thought about that too but then I thought if I get a leak inside the tank and the wood started to get saturated I'd never know untill the plywood faild from being saturated. One thing to watch for if you are putting in bulkheads like I did is to watch for the areas where there are voids in the laminates that form channels. I completely drained my tank because I thought I had a split seam. but it was from where the epoxy shrank when it cured and water got past the bulkhead seal and made it look like I had a split seam.

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
Awesome! =) Are you planning on adding anythinh else in their? I know you don't want to have too much fishes in the tank but im just curious...haha you have an awesome setup! Thanks for sharing!

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Hope the new Florida/Spotted does ok for you. be sure to post some new pics when you get him in there!

Gator

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
catfishlover106;2311774; said:
Awesome! =) Are you planning on adding anythinh else in their? I know you don't want to have too much fishes in the tank but im just curious...haha you have an awesome setup! Thanks for sharing!

Well I just added a 16" gar tonight thanks to demjor19 :D I'll get pics of him up tomorrow. As for more fish maybe 2 more perch but I'm worried my gars won't get to eat. Perch are much faster than gar going after food. So aside from the boat load of plants in dec after the new lights are up not many more fish if any. I think it will be awesome seeing a feeder fish swimming a long then a Gar popping up out of a bed of Dwarf Sag and snatching it up!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store