770 Gallon Monster Setup

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Amazing.... beautiful idea for the stand. At first, reading it I though pillows on a stand? What the...
Stand looks great and probably the first one I've ever seen with a quilt batting and leather skin...

Keep up, this is really really original...I love it.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Amazing.... beautiful idea for the stand. At first, reading it I though pillows on a stand? What the...
Stand looks great and probably the first one I've ever seen with a quilt batting and leather skin...

+1
That stand looks great.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Love the new look of the leather wrapped panels. Looks great! I bet my gf would be stoked if i did something similar to hide my sump/fish food. And im really glad to hear that you get to keep what you want now....tropicals :)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Amazing setup, only sad thing for me is thinking its way out there, I love having my tank in the kitchen, Of course its not even close to that large, but now I am going to get something big for the basement and again I am sad to think that I wont be able to spend as much time next to the fish tank, (I am thinking second tank for the kitchen or leave this one I have up there, need a grow out tank LOL) but I am thinking of moving my office down these so it will be really nice to enjoy. I love the thick acrylic looks great. I sometimes wish my tank was empty so I could redo some of the sump and other piping I love seeing the sump setup and such that you did, always my favorite part of looking at a tank setup. Well guess I will be thinking far ahead when I get the new tank. Thanks for all the pics, really like the tank allot. Now If I can only find one on craigslist. :)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Oh and the pic of you in the tank, really shows how big it is, cool pic :)

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area

Thanks. I watch a lot of HGTV- :ROFL:

Love the leather look for the stand...very unique
+1
That stand looks great.
Thanks!

Love the new look of the leather wrapped panels. Looks great! I bet my gf would be stoked if i did something similar to hide my sump/fish food. And im really glad to hear that you get to keep what you want now....tropicals :)
I'm definitely looking forward to stocking it with what I want.

Amazing setup, only sad thing for me is thinking its way out there, I love having my tank in the kitchen, Of course its not even close to that large, but now I am going to get something big for the basement and again I am sad to think that I wont be able to spend as much time next to the fish tank, (I am thinking second tank for the kitchen or leave this one I have up there, need a grow out tank LOL) but I am thinking of moving my office down these so it will be really nice to enjoy. I love the thick acrylic looks great. I sometimes wish my tank was empty so I could redo some of the sump and other piping I love seeing the sump setup and such that you did, always my favorite part of looking at a tank setup. Well guess I will be thinking far ahead when I get the new tank. Thanks for all the pics, really like the tank allot. Now If I can only find one on craigslist. :)
It would be nice to have the tank in the house, but my foundation is post and pillar, not to mention I don't have 30 square feet of floor space to spare. On the flip side, I like that I don't have to worry too much if something goes wrong. This much water could cause lots of damage in a house, but out there i'm not worried about it. I hear you about how much of a pain it is to change plumbing after the tank is already set up. I had to make some changes to how I had my return pump plumbed and it sucked. But yeah, plumbing is also my favorite part of a tank. Sometimes what's under the tank can be just as cool as what's in it.

Wow. Just read this whole thread....Thats one awsome setup.

What are you thinking of stocking it with now?
I'm still not 100% decided on stock, but I like setups that have more of a community feel. I'm not into really rare or huge fish (I know, I'm on the wrong website right?). Anyways, I think I want the following:

8 Wide-Bar Silver Dollars
10 Pink Tail Chalceus
4 Bala Sharks
12 Large Clown Loaches
1 Green Terror
1 Texas Cichlid
1 Oscar
1 Flag tail

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I'm definitely looking forward to stocking it with what I want.

Sometimes what's under the tank can be just as cool as what's in it.

I'm still not 100% decided on stock, but I like setups that have more of a community feel. I'm not into really rare or huge fish (I know, I'm on the wrong website right?). Anyways, I think I want the following:

8 Wide-Bar Silver Dollars
10 Pink Tail Chalceus
4 Bala Sharks
12 Large Clown Loaches
1 Green Terror
1 Texas Cichlid
1 Oscar
1 Flag tail
Now your talking! I agree with everything here! Welcome to MFK :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com