770 Gallon Monster Setup

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I'm still not 100% decided on stock, but I like setups that have more of a community feel. I'm not into really rare or huge fish (I know, I'm on the wrong website right?). Anyways, I think I want the following:

8 Wide-Bar Silver Dollars
10 Pink Tail Chalceus
4 Bala Sharks
12 Large Clown Loaches
1 Green Terror
1 Texas Cichlid
1 Oscar
1 Flag tail
Its about monster passion for the hobby, you're def at the right site bud. :)

Hit me up when youre ready to sell the tank....lol

BROCKandKIMBO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
southern california
Lol- It's only a 55G. I'm 1 foot tall.

Thanks. I need to buy a little step stool. Now that I've added the canopy I struggle to get the food into the feeding hole.

It's going to look completely empty when i get rid of the goldfish. The Wide Bar SDs are only 3", the Red Fin Balas love to hide and the Yellowtail Rasboras are not shy at all, but they are also small (3"). Once they all grow out I think it will look nicely stocked. I'm picking up two more Wide Bar SDs in a couple minutes to bring my shoal up to 8.

Do you guys think that adding a Texas, Green Terror, Jack Dempsey and Oscar in a few weeks once these guys get settled would cause any problems? I've had success keeping community setups with one cichlid (typically an oscar), but I've never tried a Texas, GT, JD and Oscar combo.
Idk about the texas but from personal experience the oscar and green terror should be okay but the jd for me at least was a pain. It was 2 inches and attacked all the fish bigger than it in the tank. Even fish up to 6 inches. However the size of your tank should be Okay. Personally though i would wait to put all the aggressive fish last, least aggressive to most aggressive. Good luck!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
My jack is about 11 inches and lives with fish anywhere from 12 inches to 2 inches, never a problem and they look great, I would get one for a community tank setup. but as always sometimes you get a rouge fish.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Bad news. Today I noticed Ich on all the fish but the goldfish. I did a 50% water change and am raising the temp from 80F to 86F. I also added 6.25 cups of salt (100 Tablespoons). I have a salt water chlorine generator for my pool, so I happened to have a 50lbs bag of salt...came in real handy. My water parameters are as follows:
PH= 7.4
Ammo= 0
Nitrites= 0
Nitrates= 10PPM

Current Stock List:
(8) 4" Wide Bar Silver Dollars
(4) 6.5" Clown Loaches
(9) 5" Red Fin Bala Sharks
(12) 3" Yellowtail Rasboras
(10) Golfish from 5" to 10" (was going to try to get rid of them, but now I have to make sure they are parasite free)

I've successfully treated Ich before, but I've never had so much cash invested in my stock so I'm a little nervous. Hope it clears up quickly. If I lose all these fish, I am going to be pissed! :irked:

LOPAKA

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
where EVERY things LEGAL :)
you should be alright just get that temp up 84 or above, it will get worse b4 it gets better as a heads up but if the salt doesn't seem to work there are stronger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store