770 Gallon Monster Setup

white15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Highland Park, IL
LOL well bro, it either puts the tanks size in perspective or tells us how short you really are..... very nice work though, just a matter of time before those fish put on some size.

Wish I would of known sooner on the goldfish and I would of had you bring them up this past weekend :(
Invest in a step-stool :)

Mike Henthorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2012
St. Louis
That tank kicks ass. You know how many Neon Tetra's can fit in there? Was it someone that bought it and just didnt want it that sold it on craigslist or a company selling it on there?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Looks like your doing what is needed. After two days you will know if it's working well. Usually starts to disappear at that point. I had the same with one new bass I got even though I got two from the friend of mine. Some even transferred to my other bass but at two full days I could tell I was winning the fight. Good luck. It could be worse. If you find it early and treat well it's almost a win always.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
quick cure has worked great for me with ich. clears up very quickly and bottle doses a 400 gallons for about 5$ so pretty inexpensive. just treat with temp increase has worked great. good luck
you should be alright just get that temp up 84 or above, it will get worse b4 it gets better as a heads up but if the salt doesn't seem to work there are stronger
Thanks for the tips guys. I've had success using salt and temp increase in the past, so we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't seem to do the job, I will look into buying some meds.

Yeah, everyone who sees it has the same question: "why?" The only people that seem to "get it" are people on this site. :D

Invest in a step-stool :)
Step stool has been ordered: http://www.amazon.com/Cramer-1001-0...WA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1331663174&sr=8-11

That tank kicks ass. You know how many Neon Tetra's can fit in there? Was it someone that bought it and just didnt want it that sold it on craigslist or a company selling it on there?
Thanks. I actually thought about going with some really small community fish since I don't like trying to keep huge fish, but I think the overflows are too powerful and little guys (ex- neons) would get sucked in. The guy that originally bought the tank ended up moving and couldn't take it with him...he was going to set it up in his home. His plan was to do a reef setup...I think he was pretty disappointed when I sent him a video of it stocked with goldfish :ROFL:

Sorry about the ich. Hope everything goes well.

That alone is twice the amount of my biggest tanks! :ROFL:
Me too. I have my fingers crossed. I'm going to install a hot water spigot to speed up water changes. Right now I have to use my kitchen faucet which really restricts flow (it took 3 hours to re-fill).

Looks like your doing what is needed. After two days you will know if it's working well. Usually starts to disappear at that point. I had the same with one new bass I got even though I got two from the friend of mine. Some even transferred to my other bass but at two full days I could tell I was winning the fight. Good luck. It could be worse. If you find it early and treat well it's almost a win always.

Yeah, I hope I can get rid of it. I think I caught it early enough that everyone will be ok. The Loaches and Red Fin Balas have the most spots, the Yellowtail Rasboras have a few spots, the Wide Bar SD's have little to no signs and the goldfish appear to be totally unaffected.

I knew I was taking a little bit of a gamble by not quarantining all the new additions, but I basically bought all fish within a 5 day period, so in the back of my mind I knew I might just have to treat the whole tank if I had an outbreak. There was no way I could have quarantined all 33 fish in my little 70G so I just went for it. Times like these, I wish I had a UV.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
If you were local I would loan you the crazy 175 Watt UV. probably a better fit for your tank anyways. But still overkill if such a thing is possible? I don't know much about UV.

vaypourus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Rotcore, NY
Hopefully you've seen some progress with the ich eradication by now?

BTW....those widebar myleus are awesome fish.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Hopefully you've seen some progress with the ich eradication by now?

BTW....those widebar myleus are awesome fish.
Yup, Ich is starting to clear up. It's disappeared from the Red Fin Balas, the Yellowtail Rasboras and the Widebars (Goldfish never had any signs of it). It's cleared up a little on the clown loaches, but they still have quite a bit of spots. One of the loaches has a really swollen (white) eye...not sure he's going to make it. A few days ago I noticed one of the Redfin Balas looked like he rammed into something really hard and he had a huge gash on his nose...he didn't make it. He's the first fish I've lost in the tank.

In any case, the high temps and salt appear to be working, so I'll keep with that strategy. I'm using about 12KWHrs per day to maintain the temps at around 86F-87F...it's been cold lately so the heaters have been running quite a bit. It's supposed to drop down to 37F tonight.

I really like the widebars...they are little pit bulls and always hungry. They have been nipping at my goldfish pretty bad though (I don't like that). They pretend to be sifting through the gravel looking for food alongside the goldfish, then they suddently turn on the goldfish and take a bite of their fins...they even do this to the largest goldfish which is easily 10 times their size. I feel bad, but I am a bit stuck...I do not want to give the goldfish away until I am sure the Ich is gone. Luckily, they are starting to realize the Widebars M-O, and are doing a better job at steering clear of the widebars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store