770 Gallon Monster Setup

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
So badass
Thanks Marcus! I just subbed to your youtube channel.

Nice Alex. What is your feeding schedule like?
Hey Kevin- I feed once a day. I dump 2 Tablespoons of 2MM NLS pellets followed by about 3 Tablespoons of the 3MM pellets for the bigger boys (Widebars and the Oscar). I have to watch myself with feeding the Widebars because it seems like they would go through an entire bucket if I keep throwing pellets in the tank.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Great thread, well done on this tank Alex! Will start a 550gal build towards the end of this month. Your thread has been very helpful and inspirational in planning my tank, as have the many people who have contributed/ commented over the last 69 pages, long may it continue!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
BIG AL!!! How bout a quick video?

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
Where did you get those bio bags for the seachem matrix? I have that and those look perfect for it!

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Great thread, well done on this tank Alex! Will start a 550gal build towards the end of this month. Your thread has been very helpful and inspirational in planning my tank, as have the many people who have contributed/ commented over the last 69 pages, long may it continue!
Glad to hear you found it helpful.

Love it Alex. How do you feel about the Apollo Sharks?
Thanks jandb. I actually don't have any Apollo Sharks. I used to have a pair in a 100G and they were really cool upper-level swimmers.

BIG AL!!! How bout a quick video?
Hey Ragin, I'll see what I can do...I've been crazy busy lately. I tore out my front lawn so that I can save water during the summer for water changes.

Where did you get those bio bags for the seachem matrix? I have that and those look perfect for it!
I ordered them on amazon.com. If you do a search for "mesh laundry bags" you'll find lots of different shapes and sizes. Having the media in the bags definitely makes it easier to clean the matrix.

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
Glad to hear you found it helpful.
I ordered them on amazon.com. If you do a search for "mesh laundry bags" you'll find lots of different shapes and sizes. Having the media in the bags definitely makes it easier to clean the matrix.
Thank you so much!

Do those have a zipper? It looks like they might. Do they end up rusting in your tank?

Edit: It looks like a lot of them have nylon zippers!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store