.. the only thing that could fit in a cup that size is, Li
:WHOA: :ROFL:

I expect ammonia, nitrites and nitrates fluctuations.:WHOA:

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
OK folks. Listen! I've been on this since Saturday when my 2 daughter's got back from Walmart and said, "We just saw the most horrible thing at Walmart. They are selling Angelfish in cups!"

Angelfish are not like Bettas. They can not get their oxygen from the surface to breath! They need filters! They need clean fresh water. They need heaters. Anyway, this has disturbed me all weekend and unless MANY people open their mouths, it will not be stopped.

PLEASE write to Corporate Walmart Stores NOW!
Complain about this matter to them. I wrote and told them that if they didn't have every Walmart get those Angelfish out of cups and into a tank with a filter, they could expect animal activists to be protesting outside Walmart stores this week! :) WHICH will also draw the attension of local news stations. I'm sure Walmart doesn't need that publicity.

Corporate Headquarters of Walmart:

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=221

ALSO, if you Google the Department of Agriculture for your state, and complain to them, they are required to do something! I emailed FL Dept of Agriculture.

Please act. Or Walmart might have baby Oscars in cups next!

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
I just heard back from the Florida Department of Agriculture:

From: wilhels@doacs.state.fl.us(Wilhelm*III,*Sherman) Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2007, 12:16pm
Subject: Walmart

Thank you for your email to Commissioner Bronson concerning Angelfish sold in Betta-type containers.*

Your email was the first notice we have received about this activity and we have begun looking into it this morning.*

With the reality of less funding for government, more citizens like yourself are needed to help us.* Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the situation.* Your assistance and time in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Sherman Wilhelm, Director
Division of Aquaculture
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

SO if you live in Florida that is the address to write to. It only takes a minute.

The Dept. of Agriculture is responsible for checking up on pet stores to make sure everything, including FISH, is getting proper treatment with all their requirements met.

eugeneT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
Tennesse
Angels are the "Fish of the Month" this month at Walmart, although we have them here at the store I work at they aren't in cups but in one of the regular tanks. My store got in some live plants this past week too, although I suspect they aren't aquatic. Considering the care and respect they show for their associates I don't have much hope of them showing anymore for "product". You can also call 1-800-WALMART and complain for possibly quicker effect. Alot of stores are getting rid of their live fish departments. More than likely we will be getting rid of ours sometime after the first of the year when our store goes through the remodel alot of stores are having right now. Good luck and always stand for what you believe in, no one can hear silence!!!

:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

Angel51087

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2007
UK
i think my jaw dropped for a second but then remembered that unfortunately for our fishy friends there aren't many people out there really concerned for their welfare, just out to make a buck. don't know where it will end and i can't say i really want to as it will probably depress the hell out of me. I semi-hope the few they do put in there don't make it so that millions more won't go through this haneous life. Just plain stupid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store