Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
that is completely disgusting... i've heard of stores doin stupid things... The managers of said stores diserve to be baned from ever owning a pet of any type! that might learn them... and make the market take serious note of the issue...

AtomixIGN

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Pohatcong, NJ
From PETA

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out to us and caring about the animals as much as you do.

We share your concern for these animals who suffer and die while being peddled as decorations and will be glad to try to help once we have more information. Please send a written statement that includes the date of your most recent visit to the Wal-Mart which carried these poor fish, a vivid description of the animals and their living conditions (what type of container are they being housed in, do they appear to be sick or dead?) and contact information for the Wal-Mart you visited including the address and store manager’s name. Most importantly, please go back and take photos of the fish suffering at these stores and send them to us. This type of documentation can prove to be crucial in getting the help these animals need, so if you can’t get pictures, who do you know that can?

You may also wish to take a look at our current action alert and voice your concern to Wal-Mart as well: http://www.helpinganimals.com/automation2/AlertItem.asp?id=1253. We are looking for compassionate people like you that are willing to act on behalf of the animals and we’d like to post compelling photos of the animals Wal-Mart peddles as decorations. This will hopefully motivate others into action as well. If you can get good quality pictures, we will not hesitate to place them on our action alert.

We receive constant complaints about animals who suffer and die in pet stores and other large retail chains nationwide. As you probably know, the focus of the pet trade industry, which includes breeders, dealers, pet stores, and puppy mills, is profit, not compassion for animals. Expenses are kept at a minimum to ensure the highest possible profit margin, which often manifests in the neglect and mistreatment of the animals.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
AtomixIGM, you did good! :) You contacted PETA!
Is your local Walmart doing this too, so you can get pics? If not, I'll spread this message around so others can take pics and report it.

Good going! :)

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
eugeneT;1059001; said:
Angels are the "Fish of the Month" this month at Walmart, although we have them here at the store I work at they aren't in cups but in one of the regular tanks. My store got in some live plants this past week too, although I suspect they aren't aquatic. Considering the care and respect they show for their associates I don't have much hope of them showing anymore for "product". You can also call 1-800-WALMART and complain for possibly quicker effect. Alot of stores are getting rid of their live fish departments. More than likely we will be getting rid of ours sometime after the first of the year when our store goes through the remodel alot of stores are having right now. Good luck and always stand for what you believe in, no one can hear silence!!!

:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

I like that! "Always stand for what you believe in, no one can hear silence!!!" :)

Thanks so much for the 1-800-WALMART number.
I really really REALLY hope that ALL Wal-marts stop killing...uh..I mean, selling fish!

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
krzr3000;1060958; said:
This thread will get more attention in the general section...
I AGREE! And it WAS over there, but when then this morning they had moved it here and combined the 2 threads going! What can we do?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store