Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

skiptomyzoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
I hate walmart for stuff like that.
Im currently raising two oscars, and I was in the one at garfield heights the other day and they had a tankfull of baby oscars that were absolutly covered in Ick with no signs of being treated, and they were wanting 12 bucks for them a piece too, and in desperation I asked if I could at buy one on discount,to at least try to get it back to health, as it bothered me severly that a fish that could live 15 years they were letting die and did not care about. I was given a firm no, and returned there the next day to just buy it at full price, but it was dead next to the others lying on thier side slowly dying. When I looked around at the other tanks I noticed they all now had Ick treatment in them, and 90 percent of thier fish were dead.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
Oh that is SO SAD! I too always see their Oscars a well as everything else covered in ick. It's so pathetic to look at them suffering like that, I can't take it.

I'm contacting PETA about just how fish lovers can go about getting ALL Wal-marts to stop selling fish. There has to be a way...something everyone can do. If anyone knows, it will be PETA. They are a bit "EXTREME" about some animal issues, but they sure do get results. :)

I felt like buying all the Angelfish in those tiny cups...with a FAKE little plant inside...and a plastic lid on top without any holes even! They were all up at the surface trying to breath. :(

angelmanlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Chattanooga TN
i hope they stop this i told my dad but he dosent have any intrest in fish he did however raise cichlids i am rasing angels not in a CUP!

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
angelmanlover;1062363; said:
i hope they stop this i told my dad but he dosent have any intrest in fish he did however raise cichlids i am rasing angels not in a CUP!
I've always been into Angels too. :)

You know, you too can email the Department of Agriculture in your state to let them know that Walmarts are doing this. And stress that the Angels can not breath for long without a filter.

You can also contact Walmart through email. The address is within this thread.

The Department of Agriculture are the ones to END IT. Problem is, unless people contact them, they have no way of knowing that it's even been going on.

angelmanlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Chattanooga TN
thanks plz every one help take part and tell the government that angels just cant be in a cup.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
What do you expect from Walmart?

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
NEWS FLASH!!!

Wal-mart's Corporate Headquarters had no idea that this was going on. It seems to be that certain Walmarts in certain cities have been doing it.

Anyway, Please read this thread and if you have seen angelfish in betta cups at your local Wal-mart, please let Dizzee (Diane) on this thread I'm posting, know the location of that Wal-mart.

Wal-marts Headquarters is going to stop it!
Isn't that great?! But they need to know what stores are doing it.

So everyone who took the time to email or call about this, YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE! :)

http://www.awforum.net/angelfish/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12867

Joni

Jfitz

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Montreal
I whent to walmart to buy some feeder guppies for my fish, the first problem was- IT WAS OVER A DOLLAR FOR A SINGLE GUPPIE, lower prices everyday my ass. Second problem was- Pretty much every aquarium had 2 or 3 dead fish in it that looked like they've been there for days. Third problem was- THERE WASN"T ANYONE WORKING IN THE FISH DEPARTMENT!!!, Doesnt that make you think who feeds the fish and cleans the aquariums ?!?!?!?!. I felt like buying every fish in the damn store to save them from their misery, but there wasnt anyone working in the fish department...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store