Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
Jfitz;1070804; said:
I whent to walmart to buy some feeder guppies for my fish, the first problem was- IT WAS OVER A DOLLAR FOR A SINGLE GUPPIE, lower prices everyday my ass. Second problem was- Pretty much every aquarium had 2 or 3 dead fish in it that looked like they've been there for days. Third problem was- THERE WASN"T ANYONE WORKING IN THE FISH DEPARTMENT!!!, Doesnt that make you think who feeds the fish and cleans the aquariums ?!?!?!?!. I felt like buying every fish in the damn store to save them from their misery, but there wasnt anyone working in the fish department...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! You're too funny in how you tell of this story, but geeeeez! WALMART MAKES ME SICK! I've been hearing this same story over and over and over.

They need to stop selling fish! ALL FISH!
I myself wish I could buy everyone of those angelfish stuffed in a cup. They can't even stretch their fins all the way. Most had CLAMPED FINS! The water in nearly every cup was yellow, cloudy, and filthy! :( It broke my heart. :(

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
That's just SAD!!!! WTF Is wrong with them?

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
IT'S VERY SAD!! When I go to Walmart, I try not even to look at their fish because they're usually suffering from being covered with Ick! And they don't do anything about it. Fish ending up in a Walmart pet dept. are doomed. It's a death sentence! And there usually is never anyone working in the pet dept.

But Corporate Walmart Headquarters is supposedly going to stop the "Angel in a Cup" gimmick. SUPPOSEDLY.

fISHyPriorities

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Los Angeles CA
i love wal mart :liar:

thing124

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Toronto, Canada
horrible, but you guys are wrong about the bettas aswell if you read TFH magazine they had a good issue a few months ago about that. bettas should be kept in a 2.5g or 5g tank to live a full and healty life

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
thing124;1195090; said:
horrible, but you guys are wrong about the bettas aswell if you read TFH magazine they had a good issue a few months ago about that. bettas should be kept in a 2.5g or 5g tank to live a full and healty life

I AGREE! My daughter's have several Betta's and always keep each one in at least a 2.5-5g tank. Betta's love to swim, weaving through lots of plants. How can they swim IN A STUPID TINY CUP?!
I always feel so bad when I see them in the pet stores. :(

melby1980

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Maine
It's sad but true wal-mart rarely does anything in their fish department here. The rocks were literally covered in black algae, there is never anyone around. I went in one day and there were 3 people in there working on the tanks, and I was like "great finally someones going to do something and take care of these poor fish" well guess what the black algea's back and the fish are dying left and right and living in HORRID conditions. They clean the tanks rarely, most of the time they don't even know what fish they have. My guess would be that they just throw the fish in there and feed them "maybe" once a day if they are lucky. If they are lucky enough to be bought by someone they probably get put in a tank or a bowl that is WAY too small. It's appalling and disgusting.

When I lived in NH the wal-mart there carried fish. Some kid poured dog shampoo in their tanks and wiped out all their fish and they completely took the fish section out. I thought it was awful at first but now I think about all the fish he probably saved.

angelmanlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Chattanooga TN
Hey its been a long time but my WAL-MART has stopped doing this to angels and my father sued them and they can no longer sale any fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store