Anyone Else Fish Lake Erie?

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Lol you want good white bass and channel cat fishing? Come down to lake st clair by sand point beach, during the summer there's MILLIONS of white bass concentrated in such small areas you can see them jumping and just cast in that direction. All you need is either a clear spoon or a spinner mepps. One good day I hauled home 113 WHITE BASS! from my small 11ft zodiac inflatable. And they're big too. And now onto the channel cats. Since there's a drop off and a channel close by, when the water's murky or when the sun sets, use cut shrimp on a spreader and you're GUARANTEED to catch an average of a 9 pounder EVERY 5 MINUTES MAX! The channel cats bite all year but now's a really good time of year. I STILL have big smoked catfish fillets in my freezer. The only reason we leave is because we fill up our 4'x2' cooler too fast! The biggest one we caught there was 16 pounds!

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
popular methods for walleye would be throwing rapalas like the husky jerk and 1/2 oz jigheads rigged with a plastic trailer. just bounce the jig off the bottom as you retrieve. you can catch the occasional pike as well.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Lol you want good white bass and channel cat fishing? Come down to lake st clair by sand point beach, during the summer there's MILLIONS of white bass concentrated in such small areas you can see them jumping and just cast in that direction. All you need is either a clear spoon or a spinner mepps. One good day I hauled home 113 WHITE BASS! from my small 11ft zodiac inflatable. And they're big too. And now onto the channel cats. Since there's a drop off and a channel close by, when the water's murky or when the sun sets, use cut shrimp on a spreader and you're GUARANTEED to catch an average of a 9 pounder EVERY 5 MINUTES MAX! The channel cats bite all year but now's a really good time of year. I STILL have big smoked catfish fillets in my freezer. The only reason we leave is because we fill up our 4'x2' cooler too fast! The biggest one we caught there was 16 pounds!
Where I fish is like that as well, with the white bass anyway, in June through July they will be jumping and chasing after shiners at dusk so every cast with a daredevle gets me one, I average 30 a night but my best has been around 50.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I've got to say, Erie has been productive this past weekend! I caught a single perch anchored in 50 feet and was getting lots of hits in the 10 minutes we were there, we would've caught more if we didn't have to get somewhere quick. I lost both but got some night time shoreline walleye action off my pier with a 3" daredevle but a few minutes later I landed a 30-32" 20 pound channel catfish on the same spoon which more than made up for loosing a pair of 14-15" eyes'. Earlier that day I also caught 5 nice lake trout which were 26-37" and 9-16 pounds! The first one I caught I got a really good picture of so it's now my current avatar, I got pics of two other lakers, the channel cat, perch, and some other recent catches as well which I posted in the 2k15 thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store