Arowana sitting on bottom of tank

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
lol, my jardini always does it...remember these kinda fish are constantly swimming doing lap after lap... :)

dimebag

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Philippines
yah your aro is stressed and it needs to rest.my green aro also does that

jkruger83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2006
Ambler, PA
Cool thanks for the input everyone! The water quality is fine and he is eating. I guess its normal prolly just a lil stress. Im working on getting a 225 by the end of the summer to put him in. :)

blacklabel_1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
some where over the rainbow
if he is doing it constantly, use aquarium salt (not sea) and gradualy ween him offa it. when i got my baby silver aro, he was hanging out at the bottom of the tank old guy at the LFS told me to do that and within an hour he was feeling better, never had to use it again.

Keevan

Feeder Fish
Jan 11, 2021
Hi guys i know its a old tread but recently im facing the same issue since i added 4 geophagus to the tank my aro has been staying down frequently but his eating well. Could be normal back in a weeks or should i remove the 4 geophagus

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys i know its a old tread but recently im facing the same issue since i added 4 geophagus to the tank my aro has been staying down frequently but his eating well. Could be normal back in a weeks or should i remove the 4 geophagus
He’s stressed give it a few days

Reactions: Keevan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store