Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Assorted photos of stock fish 07/10

Discussion in 'Tangled Up In Cichlids' started by bigguapote, Jul 11, 2010.

1. bigguapote

bigguapote M.A.N. Community Vendor

Here are a few photos I took last week of various stock tanks and a few breeders.
      Please don't hesitate to review the stock list at my webpage at http://www.tangledupincichlids.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

F1 juveniles are available from my wild H. bartoni colony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't get enough great photos of these wild Suriname peacock bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TUIC is the exclusive importer of wild Nicaraguan cichlids. F1 adolescent size and young adults that were hatched and raised here are available in various sizes and colors from wild xanthic/colored adults.

[​IMG]

These are F1 juveniles from the only wild white pair of A. labiatus in the US. Wild parental 'dad' pictured below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juveniles from 'nano' pairs such as the one pictured above are now available. I think the male is discussing dinner with a Petenia and deppi with whom he shares a tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 'nematopus condo' found in one of my grow out tanks of F1 Nicaraguan 'neets'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautifully colored grow outs of H. capintis 'Escondido' are available up to 4-4.5" sizes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Above is a pair of 'marbled' or 'calico' convicts which is currently producing high quality juveniles.
      Did you know that TUIC introduced and originally distributed this attractive little sport back @ 1996?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Above photos feature F1 adolescent and young adults of A. sagittae that were hatched and raised here. This species was imported exclusively by TUIC and is endemic to only one crator lake in Nicaragua - Lago Xiloa.
      Interestingly, A. sagittae and A. xiloaensis (also endemic to same lake) are the only Amphilopohus species in which actual blue color can be seen on xanthic/colored individuals.

F1 A. xiloaensis examples can be seen directly below this caption.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two marble motoros are extremely well conditioned and accept all forms of prepared foods including pellets. Sorry the clown loaches are not for sale ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above pair of colorful T. 'Mixteco gold' are larger examples of the F1 adolescent stock now available.

[​IMG]

Good stock available of boldly patterned grow out jaguar cichlids.

[​IMG]

Young V. synspilus already displaying strong color are available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Madagascar 'small spot polleni' are a very showy and hardy cichlid. Pictured above are chunky grow outs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above young pair of wild undescribed oscars known in the trade as 'Orinoco oscar' are available to a prospective breeder. Immediately below is a photo of what this attractive oscar looks like as a juvenile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need a larger growing, cichlid-hardly pleco? The 'royal watermelon pleco' or L330 is an excellent and remarkably attractive choice.
      There are many other unique and attractive plecos on hand that can add interest as well as serve important funtion in small to large tanks.

[​IMG]

I could not remember the origin of this gorgeous wild male severum when I uploaded the photo. Now I do. It's from Rio Inirida!

[​IMG]

A real monster fish from Indonesia.

2. cuban jey

cuban jey "tha movement you bastards"

jeff i dont think people understand what those ex cichlasoma ornatus turn out to be like. seiichi i hope u dont mind me posting your pics..

3. bigguapote

Thanks Jey. Not to mention a frisky female photo! How incredible is this?

[​IMG]

4. transam97

transam97 MFK Members

how much for the 7" bartoni in the first pic?

5. bigguapote

Thanks for asking, but that's one of my wild breeders. He just bred today with his preferred female.
      I can offer F1 juves only from this species.

6. we4wieners

we4wieners MFK Members

Professional Fire Fighter
      Jeff, Vieja Argentea...4-4.5"...still available?

7. bigguapote

Yup. Please email directly for details regarding your specific order.
      Thanks, Jeff

8. Ripdevil

Ripdevil MFK Members

Jeff, 7.10.10 was my wedding date. Does that mean I get a free fish ?!?!?!?! haha j/k
      any pond-going fish in stock
      I set up a 400g and am loving it . . .

9. bigguapote

Congrats Rip.

Any tropical species can be kept in a pond during the warmer season.
      I traditionally put tropical cichlids outside in this area of NJ from late June till late September.

I've kept Gymnogeos and 'Cory' barbatus until late October when the water was down right chilling to the touch. The barbatus and gymnos were in heaven. The colors on them were amazing!

I am certain both species bred throughout the summer and fall in my ponds. However, there were always leopard frogs in there too! Those darned frogs had many meals of eggs and fry.

I expect some sm dorado later this week. That would be a fun fish to keep in an outdoor pond until around late October as they are cool tolerant as well.

10. 888fish

888fish MFK Members

How large are those clown loaches? Would you be able to bring in some 10"?