Bahia Kelberi + 2 Spot Orino Grow Out ..

Megabass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Brantford,ontario,canada
I was having an issue with my small orinos eating as well,i figured maybe they were still adjusting to the tank,i kept the lights off all week, and just kept offering little bits of food at night,
And now they have started eating,i also bumped my heat to 86* and added salt,mainly as a stress aid

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dangerhack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2011
NJ
I was having an issue with my small orinos eating as well,i figured maybe they were still adjusting to the tank,i kept the lights off all week, and just kept offering little bits of food at night,
And now they have started eating,i also bumped my heat to 86* and added salt,mainly as a stress aid

I've had them for 10 days. Added salt yesterday.. An temp it 87

Megabass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Brantford,ontario,canada
I was thinking more of turning off the lights,so they dont feel like they are on display,i noticed mine would explore the tank alot more in the dark,and they became more confident that way,im not a feeder fish guy,but if you are worried try some

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
I've had my lil guy for about 2 weeks now and it def didn't eat right away. The only thing it has eaten is guppies which I don't like doing but its better then risking it not eating at all. It's sorta going after blood worms. I want to get another cichla about it size to see if that helps.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dangerhack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2011
NJ
Just an update.. Today I had enough so I divided 1/3 of the tank for the one 2 spot that wasn't eating.. He's still scared an hiding but when I put worms he ate some. .. He didn't eat a lot but def a lot more then ever .. So this might save him! I'll keep him separated I guess I'll he grows an inch or 2. He only eats live black worm thought not frozen stuff yet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store