Beamswork LED's

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
i found one on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-48-800-...ultDomain_0&hash=item19d088ff21#ht_1553wt_802

but it only has 162x 6500K LEDs....Are these the same?????
I bought that one. Same one from the same seller. It's the beamswork light that everyone in this thread is talking about.

I had no problems with that seller. Plus, if it arrives broken, you paid with paypal and used ebay, so you'll be fully refunded. I'd HIGHLY recommend ordering from this seller on ebay over aquatraders. I had a horrible time with aquatraders.

It says:
Includes 174 LEDs
Super energy efficient .06 watt LEDs
162x 6500K LEDs
12x Actinic 460nm LEDs

So it's 174 LED's total, and it is in fact the beamswork 48" singlebright freshwater model. It looks great on my 75 gallon.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I bought that one. Same one from the same seller. It's the beamswork light that everyone in this thread is talking about.

I had no problems with that seller. Plus, if it arrives broken, you paid with paypal and used ebay, so you'll be fully refunded. I'd HIGHLY recommend ordering from this seller on ebay over aquatraders. I had a horrible time with aquatraders.

It says:
Includes 174 LEDs
Super energy efficient .06 watt LEDs
162x 6500K LEDs
12x Actinic 460nm LEDs

So it's 174 LED's total, and it is in fact the beamswork 48" singlebright freshwater model. It looks great on my 75 gallon.
I had no problems with aqua traders. I highly recommend them. In fact I plan on ordering more lights from them in the future. HOWEVER this thread is a review if the lights themselves, not the vendor. If you want to bash Aquatraders then please start your own thread. :)

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
I had no problems with aqua traders. I highly recommend them. In fact I plan on ordering more lights from them in the future. HOWEVER this thread is a review if the lights themselves, not the vendor. If you want to bash Aquatraders then please start your own thread. :)
I did. And I gave them horrible reviews everywhere I could.

They are rated an F on the BBB's website for a reason. Check it out for yourself. It wasn't an isolated incident.

And others on this website have had similar issues to mine. Just trying to get the word out so that other MFKers don't have to go through what I did to get my money back for a defective product.

The guy above asked about an ebay listing. I have bought that particular product from that particular seller as well as through aquatraders. Of course I'm going to give my opinion. Again, just trying to spread the word to my fellow MFKers.

And good luck to you if you decide to buy from aquatraders. That's your choice. But I don't understand why you would buy from a company that has been documented to treat their customers so terribly when you can buy from a good vendor for the same price.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I did. And I gave them horrible reviews everywhere I could.

They are rated an F on the BBB's website for a reason. Check it out for yourself. It wasn't an isolated incident.

And others on this website have had similar issues to mine. Just trying to get the word out so that other MFKers don't have to go through what I did to get my money back for a defective product.

The guy above asked about an ebay listing. I have bought that particular product from that particular seller as well as through aquatraders. Of course I'm going to give my opinion. Again, just trying to spread the word to my fellow MFKers.

And good luck to you if you decide to buy from aquatraders. That's your choice. But I don't understand why you would buy from a company that has been documented to treat their customers so terribly when you can buy from a good vendor for the same price.
unnecessary [ uhn-nes-uh-ser-ee ]

adjective 1. not necessary or essential; needless; unessential.

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
To keep this thread on topic.....I think the 48" er is perfect for a 75 gallon. For those interested, I'd go with the 48" over the 36" single bright for an 18" or deeper 4' long tank.

Here's my video (click on photo to watch):

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
unnecessary [ uhn-nes-uh-ser-ee ]

adjective 1. not necessary or essential; needless; unessential.
Hypocrite [hyp·o·crite]
noun 2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Really.....your post was quite childish, and had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Congratulations on your increased post count, though. But if you want to play it that way, I can do that too.

Your last few posts have not contributed any reviews about the light either. You gave your opinions just as I did. And since it's a public board, I will continue to do so. Get used to it, or make your own private board.

And what??? Do you have stock in aquatraders or something? That company is a sham. Are you really so naive as to not believe there is a problem with a company when they are rated an F by the BBB? There is something wrong when a company doesn't even care how it's looked upon by it's patrons. And I'll continue to tell people about it here on MFK in an effort to help the community out so that maybe someone on here won't have to go through what I did. Isn't that what the community here is for? And this fully pertains to the topic at hand as they are the main seller for these lights on the internet.

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
The one I have the video of above is the 174 LED 48" strip. It uses 162 white .06W LED's, and 12 blue .06W LED's.

It's the "singlebright freshwater" version. It seems to be about right for a standard 75 gallon (18" deep 48" long).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store