bedroom fish tank head board w/55g tank

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
fish head )'>!!!!!!!

AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great.

Hey you are going to have to write up some pointers for us married folk to convince the wives.

My last tank purchase was met with much distain. And I even sold one of my tanks to buy the new one. Well other way around. Bought the new one then sold the old one.

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
dogofwar;928928; said:
Good point in the prior post: Are those GFIs? If not, it's worth putting them in.
Thanks. Safety first. The whole stand goes through a GFCI first. All things down line (load side) are than protected by the GFCI.
Derpeder;929247; said:
Hey you are going to have to write up some pointers for us married folk to convince the wives.
For me, it was for her to finally get me to do our room. The walls were still white from being brand new. BTW: We decided on colors and I bought the paint --- "bear rug" and "Tofee" BS something. ---will be starting this week.
The night stand has all the handy outlets for cells phones for night time docking and alarm clocks, glowing night-light dimmer switch for lighting and storage for massage oils, etc. It helped that I used almost all material from scraps/overruns of other projects. I think I only had to buy some of the molding.
We always have had just plain night stands next to the bed. This was just purely custom for her.;) I brought in her favorite fish which I told her was perfect for the the bedroom because unlike the peacocks and mbuna they are very laid back fish. It does help if they like the fish tanks and that they at least THINK that you spend more time with her than the fish.

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
fish head )'>;932546; said:
It does help if they like the fish tanks and that they at least THINK that you spend more time with her than the fish.
LOL......so true. I do like hearing, "Wow hun this tank really does look great." after i get it set up.

That keeps my hope alive.

Looking forward to the newest pics!!

fote03

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
Just an FYI i am stealing your idea but i think i will only do a 29 gallon.

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Finally got some color in our room. The walls are textured----- and with the dark brown paint, makes the walls look like leather. It has really come together quickly. I used the flat black paint that I used for the back of the fish tank to paint the insides of the side units. A nice detail. I still have the doors to deal with and details like cord screens to hide wires better, and a few more pieces of molding. Also have three other walls to paint in the room. (5 coats for the process.:irked: )

Will continue to up date. My wife said tonight:"Oh, you're taking pictures to show your friends on Monster Fish Keepers!"

Yep.:D

100_7416.JPG

100_7423.JPG

100_7425.JPG

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Might need to change plates/switches to almond.:(
Also, needs more fish.:)
Found out, that I do not think I am ready for aquatic plants. Not going well in first try out tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store