Beginners Guide to Filter Media

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
A other reason i like canisters is that the water is forced though the media...
What do you think happens with a sump? The water goes through the same stages but much more media can be used.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
What do you think happens with a sump? The water goes through the same stages but much more media can be used.

Sumps are better but i mean that the water can't flow over the media or on the side of it...

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
When it comes to filtration and media we have so many options and diy stuff. The hobs are becoming way easier and can be much better than canisters. Media is used to its highest potential in a sump.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
I do agree larger hhobs are good... my empoer 400. Very good for a hob and also some other large hobs.. my favirots are canisters and sumps...

Sent from my LS670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

amraam840

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
United States
Just put the filter sock on the intake of the canister.
Any idea what diameter the ring is on the filter socks that have those that I might be about to secure one inside a section of PVC when I plumb my tank? I have zero real estate under the tank so the only way I could use a sock would be to hang it (inside of a pipe or something) where water exits the overflow behind my tank.

Has anyone here used a sock in such a manner? I didn't see anything like it in the "Lets see what's in your stand" thread...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store