BEST FLOWERHORN FOOD

narexx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2009
negros
superworms? used them but prefer the molting ones,softer shells easier to digest,good protien source.

dookie

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Hong Kong
I tried them all and this stuff is the best I've found so far for my flowerhorns.:headbang2

jbonez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
alabama
im feeding mine hikari gold , new life spectrum cichlid pellets & frozen blood worms i just got this flowerhorn can anyone tell me if it will be a nice pretty one and if its a male or female also what is a good water temp? i got 2 of them for $9 there about 3in im currently keeping them in a 55gl..

GEDC0188.jpg

GEDC0189.jpg

GEDC0192.jpg

Musha

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
There's no such thing as the best, its all about variety. I used mulitply foods for specific things. Here is a list of what I use, minus my super secret food. LOL

#1 HiKari BioGold- Nutrition
#2 Ching Mix Head/Max - Personal Favorite for head boosting and pearl intensity
#3 NLS - Back up Nutrition
#4 Hai Feng - Dual color enhancer
#5 and #6... secret lol

jbonez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
alabama
so do you think the food i feed them is good enough? also what kind of f.h are they & the sex?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
There's no such thing as the best, its all about variety. I used mulitply foods for specific things. Here is a list of what I use, minus my super secret food. LOL

#5 and #6... secret lol
Wow, I am constantly blown away at the things that I read on this forum. Now we even have "secret" foods. lol

Some of you should visit a few commercial fish farms, where true professionals raise fish for a living, and then report back how many different pellet foods they feed their fish to get solid growth, color, pearling, long flowing fins, and large nuchal humps on their fish.

You'll probably be shocked to find that they all feed a generic commercial chow, or catfish crumble, exclusively. Not saying that those foods provide optimum long term nutrition to a fish, just that physical traits in fish are mostly determined by genetics. Certainly these traits can be improved via a high quality diet, but that doesn't equate to having to feed 1/2 dozen pellet foods to get the max potential out of a fish.

Reactions: Man-made Monsters

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I agree, but getting a wide variety of high quality raw ingredients & nutrients to your fish doesn't have to equate to feeding a multitude of foods. ;)

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Musha;4872046; said:

#5 and #6... secret lol
#5 Head Roids - Massive Head Enhancement
#6 Color Roids - Color Spectrum Chart Enhancement

Hahaha, jk...:D

Reactions: Vukmir13

oraclito

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2009
Dominican Republic
noobshoehead19;3516484; said:
all of them are good.

i use hikari bio gold for growth and color, red sumo for red coloration and hump. and soon to use a chingmix sp100 headbooster for hump. and frozen blood worms, beefheart, brine shrimp.

use hikari excel too, and alife. its good. im using all these food at the same time :D
I'm using hikari bio gold, hikari excel, hikari gold and tetra stick, his hump had a better size.:naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store