Best food for asian arowana?

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
The goal is a complete and balanced diet. In most cases variety is needed to achieve this, but with the right pellet they will get that with one food. Variety is not a nutrient.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Why not make your own food from beef heart and other stuff mix in?

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
reptileguy2727;5075942; said:
The goal is a complete and balanced diet. In most cases variety is needed to achieve this, but with the right pellet they will get that with one food. Variety is not a nutrient.
What kind of pellet has every single necessary nutrient? I would REALLY love to know. From what I can tell, there hasn't been a single brand that has a pellet that can take away the need for variety.

dayak;5075753; said:
i agree variety is the key, and mine choose his variety..
fail

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Gshock;5082979; said:
LOLzor. I agree. It's like letting a baby or child choose what it wants to eat. It may be this same mentality or philosophy that is causing the US to have such massive amounts of morbid obesity issues. Not saying that your fish will get fat, but it definitely won't be as healthy.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Hikari Food stick, feed sparely

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
I have fed New Life Spectrum exclusively for years and the results are much better than any other diet I have ever tried. And it seems like every time someone on a forum tries it exclusively they almost always come up with the same results. The health, color, growth, and even breeding are better. The Thera+A formula has enough extra garlic to kill some parasites, but in general it greatly reduces the frequency of health problems.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
variety. MP, high quality pellets, super worms, FD krill, etc.
Lighting and water param's have more to do with good coloration IMO. but most RTG's grow into their color within 2 years.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
reptileguy2727;5083131; said:
I have fed New Life Spectrum exclusively for years and the results are much better than any other diet I have ever tried. And it seems like every time someone on a forum tries it exclusively they almost always come up with the same results. The health, color, growth, and even breeding are better. The Thera+A formula has enough extra garlic to kill some parasites, but in general it greatly reduces the frequency of health problems.
I've tried both hikari and nls only diets and neither has worked. By feeding only dried pellet food I've noticed constipation sometimes and I've had to resort to using epsom salt. Im still finding variety the easiest.

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
How long did you feed NLS? Was it truly fed exclusively? (NOTHING else was fed at all?)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store