Best Sump Pump For 1600 GPH

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
I've been gone from this hobby for a few years and I have never heard of those brands, glad I asked before I purchased.

That Jebao dc 9000 looks almost spot on at 5ft and at only 70w that's crazy. The Magdrives would have been eating up 210w. Anyone else have experience with this pump? Are these reliable pumps?
Apparently they're hit or miss. They are Chinese counter fits of quality DC pumps made by Waveline. That said, you can buy an extra for the cost savings, but I'd avoid them. I'd spend the extra on a waveline if I had the funds or if power consumption isn't an issue there's plenty of inexpensive and quality AC motors around. I'm a fan of Magdrive, solely for reliability and purchase price. If I had the coin I'd get a Waveline.

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
This is going back a bit but if they still exist, the answer is a definite YES.
In 1991 I purchased a pump unit from a company called HydroThruster (based somewhere in So California).
Essentially it was a 1/4 HP double arm motor like the kind used for grinding/sharpening wheels for tools. It was rewired for 1/3 HP and a magnetic linkage impeller driven, aircraft fuel pump was installed on each end.
The water throughput through each pump unit was 1500 gallon per hour through 1" piping at 12 ft of head pressure. A cheaper version of the pump only had one axle extending from the motor housing and handled 1500 gph max as compared to the 3000gph model.
Both models could be purchased with or without variable speed control. I hope they're still around. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
I like the DC pumps as well. Its nice having that flow control without having to add valves to your plumbing. Not sure about the Jebaos, but the DC Waveline pumps have a feed timer, which is really nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store