CARCHARODON MEGALODON SIGHTINGS

reddragon343

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
singapore
bt hey...u know...the possibilities of that thing out there are relatively high. i mean, how much of the ocean do we know?.....i'm juza teen slacker, bt as far as i know...we humans have barely enough to know how to make it to the depths of the ocean. so...wen some of u think: that fish died eons ago. think again, the sea has barely been discovered yet.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
reddragon343;595755; said:
bt hey...u know...the possibilities of that thing out there are relatively high. i mean, how much of the ocean do we know?.....i'm juza teen slacker, bt as far as i know...we humans have barely enough to know how to make it to the depths of the ocean. so...wen some of u think: that fish died eons ago. think again, the sea has barely been discovered yet.
I understand and you are right, the big ocean is so full of mystery...we are yet to know half of lives down there. The earth is 70% water, even mysterious land animals are yet to be uncovered and to speak about what's in the water....:eek:

But the arguments against the survival of Megalodon is that like the Great White, Megalodon was a warm water predator cruising at the coastal, but not such deep water predator as the temperature can be so low ( but then what about the water being extremely hot deep down there with the presence of valcanos? Around this temperature, it should keep the water warm enough for fish that requires it )...besides it must be with such high metabolism, and they definitely can't be feeding off squids, what would those dagger like teeth be designed for if not to take lots of big fish besides squids ( if Megalodon did at all ).

And being so big, it should be spotted...and there should be more than one, breeding...and the numbers should be increasing if it's surviving. Who knows...so they speak until they got shut up like they did with the survival of Coelacanth, Megamouth Shark, Giant Squids and so on.:D I am not on any side of the debate, but to think of a Meg surviving in the deep ocean still sounds very exciting as well as shocking..it's a pretty scary stuff....if they have survived, maybe they have evolved...that they went deep under the sea and come out rarely...that would suck if such thing Meg does, I would prefer Megs coming and attacking like Great Whites.:D

The best is not not expect so much from Megalodon...it can be disappointing no matter how magnificent this predator truly is. Can a Carcharodon Megalodon ever disappoint? How big was it truly? The first eyewitness account was truly unbelievable...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
If it is alive, there is one thing that is certain. Some idiot will try and keep some juveniles in a tank.

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
I have read something like this before, it was about an enormous Shark believed to be the Megalodon caught in the fishing net, it was too big and too powerful that the fishermen had to let it go. Here's something more taken from another forum spoken about a book on Megalodon real or not..here it goes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember reading a book called Meg. The prehistoric Megalodon which was a species of giant Great White Shark is discovered under the thermocline of the Atlantic trench and unwittingly freed. It goes on a rampage of destruction. Threatening to upset the natural balance of ocean life by first eating whale populations and then moving on to other top marine life. It gives birth to three pups. The first is a groggy slow thing which is quickly eaten by its mother. The other two, a male and female, swim away more quickly. I bring this up because the future king of the ocean, the male offspring, gets chased down and devoured by a pod of Orcas before reaching full maturity. It's only about the size of a normal shark. To give you an idea of the size Megalodons grew to, one eats a Tyrannosaur Rex in the opening chapter.

Megalodon_jaw_Columbia_SC_museum.jpg

Megalodon-Columbia_SC_museum.jpg

mega3.jpg

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
THE STEVE ALTEN INTERVIEW

Q: What do you think, Steve, are Megalodon still out there?

STEVE ALTEN: I think it is still quite possible. The depths remain unexplored. Only a few weeks ago scientists discovered a ten-tentacled giant squid. You can't say Meg is extinct until we go down there and look.

Q: Who is best suited to search for it, laymen or scientists?

STEVE ALTEN: I'd say entrepreneurs. It is very costly to go into the abyss.

Q: Could you give a short description of what is happening in your novel, during the search for Megalodon, without revealing how it all ends?

STEVE ALTEN: When Jonas Taylor (the hero) enters the Mariana Trench, he discovers that warm layer along the bottom (created by hydrothermal vents) harbors all sorts of life, including Megalodon. One escapes, and the hunt is on to capture the shark. (There´s more to read and see at Steves website).

Q: How did you get the idea to write the book?

STEVE ALTEN: I've always enjoyed stories about great white sharks and Meg was the biggest, meanest of them all. After reading TIME magazine story about the Mariana Trench, I had my basic plot.

Q: Would you like to participate in an expedition to go and search for megalodon?

STEVE ALTEN: No thanks. Too scary to go down there. I'll add color commentary from dry land.

Q: Do you have any idea of what such an expedition would cost and how we best could finance it?

STEVE ALTEN: First you have to build a submersible that can withstand the pressure. The Japanese came close, but it was an unmanned sub.

Q: What is the first thing to do if one could prove that Megalodon still exist?

STEVE ALTEN: Take some photos, then leave it alone.

Will GUST really search for a possible Megalodon? Well, not in a near future at least but we´re probing the underwater community to see if it´s possible at all and will get back to this as soon as we have discussed it with them. Among other things I personally met and interviewed the French underwater explorer Dr. Jacques Piccard in 1985, when I ran a feature about him. Dr. Piccard has got both the knowledge and the sub to tackle a creature like Megalodon.

1e184df30b862c2828cd009998eb_740.jpg

reddragon343

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
singapore
ya know, come to think of it......we cant even keep a regular great white in an aquarium......cant imagine if some moron got a meg and put it in, say, sea-world....the havok thatwould ensue

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store