Catfish anatomy

silverdragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
DOWN UNDER!
www.myspace.com
i agree, the RTC skull is crazy! i wouldnt mine buying a few lol..

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
BaTsBR;2075568; said:
necrocanis - Cliff
Amazing work.
That RTC skull is awesome.
Pity you're not around here
silverdragon;2075610; said:
i agree, the RTC skull is crazy! i wouldnt mine buying a few lol..
basslover34;2076403; said:
Do I sense some research into shipping :D
That's my only RTC skull, but might be able to get some more from a member on here that had some large ones die a while back. As far as I know if it's not cites listed you just have to have it checked by customs to bring it into the country. I'll check the cites website to find out more. Dried skulls with no flesh are generally easy to ship across the ocean. I've had some sent to me, but never the other way around. Might need permits. Let me look around and I'll let you know. Thanks for the great comments. Selling skulls, skeletons, and doing custom skeletons to support my new tank build.

MS DJ

Feeder Fish
Mar 6, 2011
SW Florida
Hi Ya'll
My name is MS DJ. I just joined & have a question.

I have a collection of 'pearls' from inside the skull cap of the many Sailcat fish I have caught here in SW FL.

Does anyone know what Purpose these Pearls are in this fishes anatomy?

It is spring here & the Daddy fish are busy with their broods.
I love watching them off my dock.

My grandchildren & I have successfully raised a few in a 150 fresh water tank, when we netted them young enough. Just for the fun of it.

thanks, MS DJ

JoeTurner14

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
East Lothian, Scotland
necrocanis i am really interested in the work you're doing here, great to see our fish from a totally different perspective. Got a few questions for you:

Have you documented the disections in any form? i.e have you written a paper, or maybe even a photo journal of each fish? I would love to see this if you have.

Also, I noticed in your catfish list that you have done a pictus cat. Any chance of seeing some of the pictures of him/her? As i have a few myself, it would be awesome to see them inside out. Cheers :)

MS DJ

Feeder Fish
Mar 6, 2011
SW Florida
Beautiful work! You are an Artist in a very interesting field.
I did not see a Gafftop Sailcat.

Would you happen to know what the 'Pearls' are in the Sailcats skull & of what use are they in the anatomy of this fish.

I have a large collection of these 'pearls'.
I know they were used as barter by local Indians many years ago.

thanks, MS DJ

Nighteon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2009
Coahuila, Mexico
Wow many skulls :hypnotize:mwave::lol2:

derekp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2010
austin texas
Thats really neat. I have the skeleton of a chocolate pleco that died in my tank and the fish stripped it clean. It has everything attached and I kept it cause I thought it looked awesome. The hinge on its mouth still moves as well. lol

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Lima cats have a really cool looking skull

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store