Champsochromis large size where to get them?

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I sign up but could not view the link for some reason, it said not authorize to view. Is that a special link or is it that I need to have a certain amount of post to see the special forum?

thanks for the tip
I PMed you the seller's cell number.
I think you might have to be a member of OCA to read the buy/sell. (Not 100% sure, but I am a member so I can help you out if needed)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The only time I have seen a large one for sale was quite a few years ago in a shop that I worked at.It was about ten inches and the most beautiful shade of blue that I'd ever seen....I couldn't resist buying it lol.Since then I've seen nothing but fingerlings in the shops.

wakeupdrowzy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2009
socal
The only time I have seen a large one for sale was quite a few years ago in a shop that I worked at.It was about ten inches and the most beautiful shade of blue that I'd ever seen....I couldn't resist buying it lol.Since then I've seen nothing but fingerlings in the shops.
ur making me drool, if u ever come across another one, pm me. I can't get enough of this fish, I just got a 600 gallon tank, so plenty of space for more fishes.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Hrmm I'm not sure TBH. I can't post there either but I can send PM's which is all I ever do if there's something on there I want. If you created account on http://www.cichlidae.com/forum/index.php it's down under Organizations / Ohio Cichlid Association then if your logged in the Buy/Sell forums will appear and its listed under the Sell. Its a breeding group with a 10" male and 7-8" females for $125.
I just signed up but you need to request to be added to that BST. I'm looking for a male as well, have two big females at the moment. I see that he is in Ohio so I may drive up.

papasmurf

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2011
Waco, TX
I see them from time to time in stores...I bought a 6.5" male at a store a few years ago that had no color except for blue lips and was in a mixed tank of cichlids someone had returned to the store before moving. I think I paid $40 for him and was glad to find him. He colored up about 2-3 weeks after putting him in my tank and was the dominant fish for a few years before I lost him at the first of the year. A local store had some ~3" juvies for sale for $35 and I came really close to buying one of them as I had a VERY slight notion it might have been a male and I was really wanting to replace the one I lost. I left and went to another store across town and low and behold they had a nice 8"+ male with huge fins for $50...needless to say he went home with me that day and I was so stoked to find him. Like someone mentioned, you could get one from SEC but with shipping it is going to cost $130+ more than likely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store