Cichla kelberi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewok

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Undisclosed Location in SOCAL
try contacting infinite aquatics. he's in the vendor forum. richard has a knack for bringing in hard to find stuff for good prices. i don't know about kelberi, but send him a pm and see if he can work is magic

dantheocman

Feeder Fish
Feb 29, 2008
SoCal
gixxer1k;1683886; said:
okay so i have decided that instead of pursuing some tems i would prefer some kelberi... does anyone know how i can get my hands on one or two of these guys at or under 3 inches??? im in Colorado and would be much happier with color and pattern, i didnt know existed until the other day, than size! any advise or info would be greatly appreciated! DMack, you are my influence on this change of mind after seeing the "fin'eg" on your bad boys pics! please let me know anything else about these guys that would be informative in any way. i have never heard of them up until the other day and instantly fell in love with them...
If you're really serious try sifting thru this list you might get lucky. http://www.tropicalfishfind.com/Importers.asp

L Aquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Heaven
I really doubt you can get kelberis without willing to spend 1000+. Plus trying to find someone who would let them go is the hard part. I been trying for two months. $1000+ offered but no bites still. Pretty much you can put a name to every kelberi owned in the US, thats how rare they are.

milokai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
island cavite PI
gixxer1k;1690119; said:
1000.... i dont think so man, i can get some really rare fish for a substantial amount less than that!
hehehe!!!yeah sure bro.:ROFL::ROFL:mono!!or ocel or temensis maybe. you start talking about kelberi,azul,intermedia you are talking biggggg bucks.

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
we will see... i am just shocked it would be that much, for that price i could get a ticket down there, go kayaking and fishing for a few days, enjoy some local culture and pack a bunch of babies outa the rio and fly them home and wish for best results... 1k sounds a bit high to me... but if thats what it is, maybe i will fly down there, and bring 10 of them home and pay for my trip with a bunch of you guys so willing to shell out the $... starting bid is 900, sounds competitive to what i have heard!:screwy:

gixxer1k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2008
colorado
ewok;1691387; said:
try contacting infinite aquatics. he's in the vendor forum. richard has a knack for bringing in hard to find stuff for good prices. i don't know about kelberi, but send him a pm and see if he can work is magic

thanks for the "helpful" post ewok! its nice to see someone who isnt quite so pessimistic! :headbang2

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
gixxer1k;1693801; said:
we will see... i am just shocked it would be that much, for that price i could get a ticket down there, go kayaking and fishing for a few days, enjoy some local culture and pack a bunch of babies outa the rio and fly them home and wish for best results... 1k sounds a bit high to me... but if thats what it is, maybe i will fly down there, and bring 10 of them home and pay for my trip with a bunch of you guys so willing to shell out the $... starting bid is 900, sounds competitive to what i have heard!:screwy:

If you go down there and bring some back.... I just may be in a position to give you some cash ;)

House 64

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2006
An island somewhere......
Good luck finding some....... I only know of one person from this forum (in So. Cal.) that has some, easily 14"! Seems pretty rare to me.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
gixxer1k;1693805; said:
thanks for the "helpful" post ewok! its nice to see someone who isnt quite so pessimistic! :headbang2
No ones being pessimistic.. just being truthful, not giving you hope when there isn't any.. Truthfully check with Rich like said but I think if he could get them they'd be gone to a certain west coast pbass collector.. or a couple west coast collectors I should say.. ;)

BTW, don't think it's just go down to S.A. and just scoop out kelberi all day.. they're rare for a reason. And not because no one wants to bring them in..:)

dantheocman

Feeder Fish
Feb 29, 2008
SoCal
cichlaguapote;1694275; said:
BTW, don't think it's just go down to S.A. and just scoop out kelberi all day.. they're rare for a reason. And not because no one wants to bring them in..:)
LOL that's so true, these aren't swordtails or mollies. Worse yet you can get your ass shot off by some drug smugglers or kidnapped by someone with a hard on for killin/extorting americans or even worse than that get malaria and die. Take your pick :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store