Courtesy warning to everyone planning to buy an NTT

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tuiy I t etc e.
interesting..........

I have never heard of this before. is it something only thinbars are prone to? or are they just more sensitive than other dats?
With the exception of a few similar cases of NGT I don't recall hearing of any of the other dat species coming down with this affliction.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
I've seen pics of all dats with it and heard from people who have had it that it spread and kills quick. I feel it's something that's in all dats that lays dormint but it takes the right conditions to trigger the disease to over take the fish.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I've seen pics of all dats with it and heard from people who have had it that it spread and kills quick. I feel it's something that's in all dats that lays dormint but it takes the right conditions to trigger the disease to over take the fish.
Personally, I have seen it only on NTTs and a couple of NGTs, but I could be wrong.

The vendor shipped another specimen and I got the shipment in today. So far it looks healthy (fingers crossed). Ill post some pics later.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Personally, I have seen it only on NTTs and a couple of NGTs, but I could be wrong.

The vendor shipped another specimen and I got the shipment in today. So far it looks healthy (fingers crossed). Ill post some pics later.
Yeah back in the day when there were more dat hoarders around I found out a lot of this and from surfing a lot of fish forums. I've even dealt with some signs of it myself but on another note I'm glad you got another NTT on the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store