DIY 180 Gallon Tank Stand

groovylime

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Vancouver
mhansen76;4232458; said:
Where did you get the driftwood? Awsome everything! I bow down;) This guy I know is gonna quote me on a hood and diy filter...for a 185 gallon what would that run usually?
I got the driftwood from a fellow fishkeeper. Me mounted it, but it ended up being too large for his tank... but perfedct for mine.
Not sure about the cost of a diy filter and hood... if you have the tools, make it yourself.:)

david yurik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
northeast ohio
dude that is simply awesome. sorry if i am bringing up an older thread but i just joined the forum and all i can say is wow!! very handy, great pics and write up. thank you so much. it has inspired me to get a flagtail and let him start growing in my 45 till he needs something bigger. oh my poor wife. she thinks the 45 is big. just wait. again awesome write up. thank you. dave

babyboy_4lyfe

Feeder Fish
Feb 20, 2011
Accokeek, MD
But i came across this and im in the process of trying to build a stand for a 180 and i have a 29g that i want to put at the bottom like you did with the 22 i was thinking of having it in the middle of the whole deal instead of the side any suggestions or just space out the two middle beams you have there

babyboy_4lyfe

Feeder Fish
Feb 20, 2011
Accokeek, MD
Also thanks again for this im at petsmart and i work the different sections and i really wanted a fish tank and i got this 80 that was handed down to me and yes this build was wonderful

Buc_Nasty

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
California
Awesome tank I want that driftwood haha

You should build a canopy for it...you'll be AMAZED at how much it makes the whole thing look. It somehow weirdly balances the whole look of the tank... its hard to describe but once I built a canopy for my 125 it looked SO much better and only took a couple hours to build. Built a pulley system as well with a boat crank inside the stand with wires that go out the back and up that raises the canopy for easy maintenance.

babyboy_4lyfe

Feeder Fish
Feb 20, 2011
Accokeek, MD
UPDATEs:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/babyboy421/2011-05-20204816.jpg[/IMG[

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/babyboy421/2011-05-27200715.jpg

groovylime

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Vancouver
Looks great!
Nice job. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is completed.
Are you planning to use magnetically detachable side panels too? These provide excellent access.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store