Not open for further replies.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
thefishofdoom said:
how big dose the knife get
Know one really knows.. The largest recorded one was an 18"er we Imported a few months back. They are really awesome and personable fish.. They don't require alot of swimming space, so I would imagine would could live happily in a 75-90g tank for life, maybe a 125 eventually.. They will definately be the 'talk of the tank' when people come to your house!! People LOVE this guy in our shop..

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
Miles said:
Know one really knows.. The largest recorded one was an 18"er we Imported a few months back. They are really awesome and personable fish.. They don't require alot of swimming space, so I would imagine would could live happily in a 75-90g tank for life, maybe a 125 eventually.. They will definately be the 'talk of the tank' when people come to your house!! People LOVE this guy in our shop..
are they mean or can the be kept with a communty fish like passive preds and things like that?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Not Certain.. I sold a carapo knife to a LFS, and it never bothers the other fish (Semi-aggressive cichlids).. however, he has been noticing that each night the fins become slightly torn, and the carapo knife seems to be the culprit.. So it looks like at night they may come out and bother other fish..

I will throw a few fish in his tank and take some vids and see what the deal is..

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i want that knife and have the perfect funniest caption but it is not apropriate

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
Miles said:
Not Certain.. I sold a carapo knife to a LFS, and it never bothers the other fish (Semi-aggressive cichlids).. however, he has been noticing that each night the fins become slightly torn, and the carapo knife seems to be the culprit.. So it looks like at night they may come out and bother other fish..

I will throw a few fish in his tank and take some vids and see what the deal is..
k thanks i like it and want one but i dont have a spare 75 gallon lol

Miz

Giant PINK Gourami LOVA
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2005
Mississippi
lol i'd like to see some of these "witty" captions... perhaps after the contest? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store