Filler Fish for Shark Tank

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
Hello everyone, I have a smaller bamboo shark around 12 inches. Current tankmates include a pollenei and louti grouper. The louti grouper will be rehomed should he become a problem. Both are around 3.5-4 inches. I am looking for a schooling fish with some color. I have heard french grunts or blueline snappers are good, but my LFS is having trouble finding a good supplier. Any suggestions?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
French grunts are awesome. Many of the grunt species do well as fillers. I like French for their colors. Cottonwick would be my second choice.
If you want, I can PM you the name of a collector in the Keys that will give you diver prices and will ship. I buy a LOT of fish from him.

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
Hi Zoodiver, I would love a PM with the collector's contact information. I will verify again with my LFS that they are absolutely sure they can not get a hold on any. As always I'm glad MFK has resources like you available.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
I have a small school of Mono's which are pretty cool fish which school around. I want to add another group into my tank so thinking of adding some grunts next.

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
Sorry to have shown this post some neglect, I recently have been engaged with tons of paper work regarding my new job and studying for the CPA exam. I've also reached out to my LFS. As a result I will be contacting the collector in the Keys on Monday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store