Finishing basement for plywood tank

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Update

Power is all hooked up in the basement. 2 dedicated 15a circuits. One to run the tank and another for misc use.

Best part. When the electrician was here I had him run 3 switches and 3 outlets on the wall the tank is going. Lights on 1 switch pump on another and the third will be open in case I want to add something.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Walls are painted. Onto floors doors and trim now. Another 2 weeks maybe. Then tank time

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
What you doing for floors? Floors are easy. So is trim, trim is just annoying for the amount of time it takes for such a little job.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
What you doing for floors? Floors are easy. So is trim, trim is just annoying for the amount of time it takes for such a little job.
I did trim commercially for a year. I can do entire room and door frames in about an hour not a big deal. Not really sure what I want to do for floors. Some thing water resistant

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Guess it depends on funds and how long you want to be there/your desire to take down a tank and redo floors. I went with laminate flooring, i dont regret it either. Cheap, easy to clean and wipe water from, easy to install, and if something goes wrong screw it, wasn't worth that much to begin with.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Guess it depends on funds and how long you want to be there/your desire to take down a tank and redo floors. I went with laminate flooring, i dont regret it either. Cheap, easy to clean and wipe water from, easy to install, and if something goes wrong screw it, wasn't worth that much to begin with.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I may go that route. It's super easy to lay it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store