FISH DISEASE Pictures and Info

DiscusMad

Feeder Fish
May 19, 2004
paradise said:
why do your oscars have such disease? that is insane
there is a number of fish that hold this parasite like Discus.

Another name for it is the Discus dease

Teeth&Fins

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2004
New York
DiscusMad said:
paradise said:
why do your oscars have such disease? that is insane
there is a number of fish that hold this parasite like Discus.

Another name for it is the Discus dease
What? Are you insane? It makes me mad when people blame something else. HITH is due to bad diet(feeders as well), stress, bad water quality and possibly carbon in your filter. Here's a read for you http://www.worldcichlids.com/diseases/Adamhith.html

Roy W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2004
Norway
www.akvariefoto.net
Those Oscar`s should be put to sleep.
Its sad to see fish in such a condition.

Here`s a pic of a Pleco with ick.
Got it from a infected Pangasius Hyphopthalmus (Wich easily gets it from stress)
I cured this with Sera Costapur

HighFive

Feeder Fish
Aug 26, 2004
Surprise, Arizona
Awesome pics people, keep them coming with some descriptions and I can help determine their diseases if need be. I am always available for anyone needing some help with diagnosis, treatment and prevention, so feel free to ask or just pm me.

Marc

Innes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2004
England
:shock: wow some interesting pictures

ok well I think the first fish (goldfish) has a wound, most likely caused by another (larger) fish or perhaps it could be an area that was effected by slime disease and the skin has peeled away where the slime had been.

I agree with the velvet & ick pics, but I believe the "dropsey" one is better for showing scoliosis (sp)
oh and yes velvet is VERY curable

I'm not too sure those cardinal tetras are even ill, althoug neon tetra disease gives the symptem of a white belly, cardinals have a white belly like that anyway - as do neons.
I dont think they are ill.

the pic of fungus also shows the stressed look of clamped fins - a sure sign of disease or a bully fish

The oscar with HITH, well its not too bad condition for HITH and it is fully cureable at that stage, you might get left with a little scarring, but that even might heal, CLEAN THE TANKS!!! in fact to cure them you will have to do small daily water changes, offer a GOOD QUALITY and VARIED diet and remove all carbon, oh and raising the temp to about 84F should help too.

great pic of the pleco with a touch of ick, to cure that I would suggest not using meds, but raising the temp a little bit (84F) and adding some aquarium salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) should do the trick, in my experiance meds are more harm to your tank than good.

The Kapenta Kid

Feeder Fish
Mar 22, 2004
Brussels, Belgium
I posted this one on the last day of the old board, so it did not get carried over here automatically. Here it is again for the record.

Here are a couple of pics of an Oto with a severe case of lymphocystis. There is all sorts of conflicting information on the Web about this disease. Some say it is incurable, others say it will clear up on its own, some say it is infectious, others say it ain't. Some even advocate DIY surgery on the poor victim!!
I thought this one was a goner, but instead of knocking him on the head, I put him in isolation, with no treatment of any kind, and after about a couple of weeks the cysts disappeared and he appeared competely cured. I shifted him back to the main tank and six months later he is still in fine health.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibn

Feeder Fish
Dec 8, 2004
San Jose, CA
That's a pretty groddy pic of an oto...glad to hear that it's fully cured though.

Nice pictures so far. The cardinals look like they're showing symptoms from columnaris (check out that banding).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store