fish steroids?

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
yeah, me too. most people say steroids are bad, but id be willing to inject a couple of monsters and see just how MONSTER they could really be. i mean i have seen some brahma bulls roided out and they looked BIG nad MEAn as all hell. just imagine a snakehead juiced. now that would be brutal!!!!!!

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I have also read about a Steroid based pellet food that is being used in grow-out facilitys.

If you go to your local PetSmart and see some amazing Peacock cichlids with BRIGHT coloration, this could be one of them. Most people know they don't show that kind of coloration until they are adults. However, some fish when fed these steroid pumped foods, they will show adult coloration far before they normally would.

I don't know how true this is.. I have also heard about a chemical you add to the water, but I don't know about that either..

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
well what if they were used properly. say you have a 4 yr old fish in perfect health showing full color before you juice him up. what could they produce then. i would let the young fish develop into a full grown adult and THEN i would let the experiment begin. i bet you some of those fh's from the orient that are just huge and brutal looking have been juiced. i would love to try it out on a dovii at around the 12" mark and see where it would lead too. i know it would make them more aggressive. find out for me where to get those pellets miles. you would probably have the contacts to find out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store