Flowerhorn bite :-O

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Camphilophus;3364612; said:
After a while I just learned that some fish attack. If I ever need to show somebody that my fish actually bite though it's always friends hand vs. amphilophus sagittae which they always draw blood LOL. If I get the chance though I always mess with my fish before the come near me. I also have bought the 36" python siphon tube to avoid getting attacked during waterchanges.
Where'd the flowerhorn come from? He looks really really similar to the $5 red dragon fry Julie was selling on www.flowerhornsfrombeyond.com I grew a few out that looked like yours.
Parties at your house must be a blast after you've torqued the fish off:ROFL:. I got him from some seller named ButtACrossbreed. So many of the FH's look just alike (to me), I've noticed that.

SgtV;3364659; said:
punch him back softly
I poked the hump on top of his head and he came out of the water after me lmao. I didn't hurt him but he sure must be proud of his head :eek:

BIGguppy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
longisland ny
i have a female red devil and a male flowerhorn in the same tank and i swear that everytime i clean the tank they huddle in the corner and then out of nowhere they both attack me from right to left they pissed me off so bad that i now use a piece of egg create to block them and keep them where i want them, but my flowerhorn is the boss and goes where he want's lol....

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
bite him back lol

esparonisproud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
seychelles
hey look on the bright side how many people can say theve been bitten by their fish lol ( not referring to us mfkers ofcourse we get this all the time)

lol jks wht i do with my oscars is give then a gentle push away from my habds or throw in a shrimp for distraction

i suffered a bite to on my thumb which did draw blood lol and beeing a teenager my friends found my story of "my fish bit me"dumb and stupid lol

vlcek81

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2009
PA
Dominator;3362492; said:
That is not a bite!! The fish repays you with a lovely kiss tatoo, and that is unique.

LOL :ROFL:

What if you buy a divider for a somewhat smaller tank so you can slide it in and seperate you from the fish.

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
The only fish of mine that has drawn blood so far was my mexican dragon eel. He snuck around the rock work and got me while I was doing a water change. I keep an eye on him now and have had to push him away with the siphon tube on occasion. Stubborn fish. My Queen and French angels bite me sometimes but have never drawn blood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store