Getting soaked by your fish

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Awesome stories guys! I had an Oscar that was so crazy, I fed him live food (maybe that's it) but on a few occasions the feeders would fly out of the tank. He loved worms, if he even saw one in my hand he would start jumping for it... He ALWAYS soaked me, and actually shot out of the tank and flopped on the ground a few times in the years I had him. Crazy fish. Had to start feeding him really reaaaallllly carefully.

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Peacock bass are the kings of this subject...I like to play a trick on unsuspecting guests who want to see my fish by tossing a handful of pellets into the tank and giving them a cichla shower.
Lmao +1 to that

My bass would take ten gallons of water out of the tank every time they ate I finally just left the water level down cause there was no stopping them when they started shooting threw the tank like bulls in a china shop

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah I've heard storys about Pbass.. lol but this past week I went to toss a handful of pellets into the pool kinda distracted ( ya know podering the greater things in life lol) and startled our big gar and the TSN... I managed to avoid the tidalwave that smacked into the side and sprayed up lol. Had one of those " %%^&%!" moments and a nice spraying. But generally they aren't splashers. Amazing the power these animals have when we are so use to their docility in general.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I get splash by my gars all the time, try to hand feed them and the give me back some water after they get the food.
And the time I got wet the most was not my fish but it is worse, I was feeding those big cat fish at the cabela's! Ther are 4 catfish of about 4' each and weight around 80-90lbs, 1 splash by 4 of them was like 5 gallon of water dump on me. Everyone was looking at me when i walk out of the store soaking wet.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
One of my rays spits water out the back of the tank. It was going across the kitchen table onto the floor, at least 6ft. I put up a board temporarily to block it, and she found a spot the board didn't cover and spit onto my daughters food during dinner. Naturally I though it was hilarious, the wife, not so much...

I've tried to get video of it, but I think it would be easier to catch the Loch Ness monster on film.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Haha great stories.

We received a donation oscar that was about 10 inches and we put him in a bag to float him for a bit. Well this girl Brittani took it upon herself to release him into the tank and he managed to jump out of the bag, slap her across the face, and make his way into the tank. After slapping her he also soaked her with his belly flop.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
My 1.5' silver aro would always get me soaked. At least 3 times a week I'd need to change my shirt just because of how wet I got.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
A few years ago when my son was just born my wife was rocking him in our rocking recliner which was next to my tank. I had a 14" silver arowana in it at the time. It got spooked busted through the top bounced off her shoulder and into the wall. Ended up behind the recliner. I watched the whole thing go down. Fish was ok. True story

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
EVERY time I feed my snakeheads. I couldn't tell you the last time that they didn't splash me. As soon as food hits the water they charge and I have to change my socks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store