giant catfish? (I mean GIANT.)

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Please the date on the pic is a instant give away, surely no one actually took this serious?

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Idk, but I've heard about stuff like that too. But it was about Hoover Dam. The story was from my uncle who is an ex Marine and now works as a cop in Vegas. He had a friend who went to investigate why divers were disappearing in Lake Mead. Well, they had to dive down into the lake and check for themselves. The water was super murky, visibility was very poor with their high powered lights. Said about 40 ft down, they could barely see in front of them. Then something hit his friend from behind and he turned the light towards it. All he saw was a huge tail, the guy was 6'3" and he said the tail was easily as tall as he was. Needless to say, they freaked out and headed to the surface as quickly as they could. Was about 9 years ago when he told me this. XP

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
This is still an ongoing thread? Maybe we should try to get some info from countries that have catfish large enough to attempt to eat a human. Say asia, all south america, ect. All of the stories of these fabled catfish are just like the lock ness monster. Just fantasy.

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
Fake Fake Fake

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
our fire rescue have "seen" 4'+ cats near our dam. some get carried away that they are 90' lol, but i've seen video of at least 4'ers from thier training and look to be fat as they are long.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Yes we all know that pic is fake but wouldn't it be cool if flathead catfish did get that big

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store