Glass cutting prices.

Damurph82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2015
Knoxville TN
Just score your glass like you normally would but instead of snapping it off use a brass hammer (or perhaps a rubber mallet, although I used a scrap piece of 2x4) and tap on the bottom side of the glass directly under your score line. Of course the piece your cutting off and score line will need to be hanging off the edge of your workbench to do this.

With your glass laying flat, the scored side facing up, start tapping on the bottom FLAT side of the glass at the edge where your score line ends, not the edge you started scoring from. It might help to put some downward pressure on the edge of the glass hanging off the table to get the break to start. Not to much pressure though because we're not wanting to snap it off or any uneven pressure to throw you off your score line.

Once the score line starts breaking MAKE SURE TO TAP ABOUT AN INCH BEHIND THE RUNNING END OF THE CRACK and follow it down until the glass pieces separate. DO NOT TAP AHEAD OF THE CRACK. I hear it might throw you off your score line but I have no experience to speak otherwise.

It might be worth noting that it'll take a couple hard taps to get it started but that's the hardest/most worrisome part.

Sorry if I make it sound confusing because it's really simple, I'm just not much of a teacher. Just make sure to score it properly and as long as you get it to start cracking the rest will take care of itself.

Sent from my LGUS990 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store