GOLDFISH FISHING TIPS??? URGENT!

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
catch them all....get them out of there...theres nothing I hate more than seeing 10 million goldfish take over a pond or stream....not the fishes fault obviously but maaaaaan I hate that haha
IKR I've actually had people complain about me fishing for goldfish... They don't consume so much per goldfish but the thing is THERE'S SO MANY! I might as well get a beautiful looking goldfish (they actually still have red and black on them!) While selling them for $30 each to my LFS :) But the goldfish aren't really taking over here, they just school with the crappie and eat whatever scraps they find.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Also - actually - you could start feeding them (pellets, bread, etc) and get them used to it, and lure them closer to the bank, and net them up.
^^^this^^^
Then learn to throw a cast net

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
In Brampton all the ponds are overrun with giant goldfish. You can see entire area's of orange under the surface as they school around. The ones here. I just use a bobber and a tiny hook squish a ball of bread around it and cast away. It eventually gets taken

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
wow that's pretty good size, so no predators there to consume them?
I know thee are pike at the end of the river connecting to the lake but I have yet to see a pike inland, plus I don`t think they`re interested in the goldfish as well as becaus they school with the crappie for safety

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Usually goldfish populations in lakes with high density of predatory fish, are small and very few surviving old goldfish. The lakes with lowest density of predatory fishes, you will have tons of goldfish of all sizes. I know for a fact, all predatory fishes cannot resist a bright orange goldfish that they will hammered on them.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Not only that further down the river there's smaller goldfish that I've seen IN THE DOZENS! what sucks is that when I come back the next day they've cleared out. But I still see small ones like these in the shallows. Also if I catch and sell enough I'll be able to buy a retic stingray I was hoping to buy after buying an FX5 FOR ONLY $150 from Davemandy (who I also bought a kelberi Pbass from) and also correction on my net length IT EXTENDS TO 14'! my dad just showed me the extra extension on the net that added another 3' I think I'll clear that river of goldfish :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store